Mazda CX-7 receives highest crash test rating from NHTSA

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

The CX-7 is Mazda's new zoom-zoom CUV with the supposed soul of a sports car thanks to its taut handling and a powerful yet fuel efficient 244-hp, 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. After crashing the CX-7 into a fixed barrier at 35 mph and ramming it on the side with another barrier going 38.5 mph, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is giving the CUV a five-star rating for both frontal and side-impact crash tests. This means the NHTSA estimates that there's a 10 percent or less chance a front seat occupant will be injured in a head on crash at or below 35 mph and a 5 percent or less chance occupants will be injured in a side-impact crash.

[Source: Safecar.gov via CanadianDriver]

Last edited:
very good :) me light.. only comment.. after reading some comments here.. i believe its far from fuel efficient.. hehe.. i guess it has its pros and cons

mpf1v3 said:
very good :) me light.. only comment.. after reading some comments here.. i believe its far from fuel efficient.. hehe.. i guess it has its pros and cons
I was a bit disappointed about getting 15-16 mpg in the city but then again, it is a 2-ton big-ass brick you're pushing through air, using a strung-out 2.3l turbo 4-banger, driving (potentially] all four wheels. Plus I believe the mileage will improve with time, my previous car - Mazda6s - saw a 10% improvement once it got past 10k miles. Still, one shouldn't expect miracles. Gotta pay to play (lol2)

Back