Dealer ECU flash

lllateralus

:
2007 liquid plat. CX-7
Anyone had this done? Does it make any noticable improvement in performance or gas milage?

Sometimes I feel like the boost is going up/down/up/down while taking it up through the gears. Will the flash smooth this out?

ECU flashes..

lllateralus said:
Anyone had this done? Does it make any noticable improvement in performance or gas milage?

Sometimes I feel like the boost is going up/down/up/down while taking it up through the gears. Will the flash smooth this out?

Whatever they are updating it should help....I have had about 3 flash on my RX 8 when it was new. Did help a bit.

cruzdreamer said:
Whatever they are updating it should help....I have had about 3 flash on my RX 8 when it was new. Did help a bit.

(omg) Three ECU reflashes(shocked)

I dunno about RX-8's but for my 350z an ECU reflash is between $650 and $800 dollars.

I want one but don't feel like paying all that, besides I am not done modding my car and every performance mod you add, you need to reflash again.

Z_Monzter said:

I dunno about RX-8's but for my 350z an ECU reflash is between $650 and $800 dollars.

I want one but don't feel like paying all that, besides I am not done modding my car and every performance mod you add, you need to reflash again.

The ECU reflashes on Mazda's are free. There are updates on all Mazda's on a regular basis as their commitment to continualy make the product better.

Why would Nissan charge to get an update when they should have got it right the first time?

Mazda3 said:
The ECU reflashes on Mazda's are free. There are updates on all Mazda's on a regular basis as their commitment to continualy make the product better.

Why would Nissan charge to get an update when they should have got it right the first time?

i think he means reflash for mods to get more power of the engine with supporting mods. instead of standalone some cars can be reflashed.

Z_Monzter said:

You don't pay when Mazda does ECU flashes....free and under warranty. As he said, it's Mazda's way of continuing their committent on quality and improvements. Never did any performance mods so I am not sure what you need to do then, but these are Mazda's own updates to resolve any issues that pop up.

cruzdreamer said:
You don't pay when Mazda does ECU flashes....free and under warranty. As he said, it's Mazda's way of continuing their committent on quality and improvements. Never did any performance mods so I am not sure what you need to do then, but these are Mazda's own updates to resolve any issues that pop up.

Hmm, that explains a lot.

Edit: I am a dummy. I just read the thread again, and realize they you were talking about dealer reflashes. That's actually pretty cool!

Last edited:
Z_Monzter said:
Hmm, that explains a lot.

Edit: I am a dummy. I just read the thread again, and realize they you were talking about dealer reflashes. That's actually pretty cool!

No problem, we're all trying to help each other.

cruzdreamer said:

Reason why there recalling most Rx-8's.......Mazda had lots of "flashes" out for the RX-8 to fix the ecu problem they were having. They tried fixing it as you can see, but failed.....also for the oil starvation issue.

...Hey, look at the bright side. You may be getting a new motor, well at least a rebuilt one.

I think there will be some CX-7 reflashes that will improve the performance of the vehicle. The shift points under heavy throttle need a little adjustment. On most cars the computer shifts to soon, on the CX-7 it actually needs to shift just a touch sooner under heavy throtle. I think with some good feedback from the customer base they will make this adjustment. There is also a few times when I put the hammer down at around 60 mph and it only drops to 4th gear, when it actually needs 3rd gear for maxium kick. Little things like that Mazda tends to update as time goes on. We had several updates on our M6 and it always seemed to run a little better each time.

Most dealers won't offer the updates, you have to bug them about it or they won't do it unless there's a problem. I request any ECU updates at every oil change.

Mazda3 said:
I think there will be some CX-7 reflashes that will improve the performance of the vehicle. The shift points under heavy throttle need a little adjustment. On most cars the computer shifts to soon, on the CX-7 it actually needs to shift just a touch sooner under heavy throtle. I think with some good feedback from the customer base they will make this adjustment. There is also a few times when I put the hammer down at around 60 mph and it only drops to 4th gear, when it actually needs 3rd gear for maxium kick. Little things like that Mazda tends to update as time goes on. We had several updates on our M6 and it always seemed to run a little better each time.

Most dealers won't offer the updates, you have to bug them about it or they won't do it unless there's a problem. I request any ECU updates at every oil change.

I AGREE WITH YOU. THE SHIFTS ARE NOT CALIBRATED THE WAY I WOULD LIKE THEM TO BE. THIS IS THE REASON I USE THE MANUAL GEARS INSTEAD OF THE AUTOMATIC. IT EVEN HELPS OUT THE FUEL ECONOMY OF THE VEHICLE ABOUT 30% BETTER THAN THE AUTOMATIC. I TRY TO KEEP THE REVOLUTIONS @ (drive2) 2000 FOR EACH GEAR FROM 3'RD TO 6TH.

(I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE RECOMMENDED TO DROP TO THIRD GEAR @60MPH. IT COULD PROBABLY CREATE AN OVERHEAT TO THE ENGINE AND TRANNY)

Last edited:
CitizenPro said:
Reason why there recalling most Rx-8's.......Mazda had lots of "flashes" out for the RX-8 to fix the ecu problem they were having. They tried fixing it as you can see, but failed.....also for the oil starvation issue.

...Hey, look at the bright side. You may be getting a new motor, well at least a rebuilt one.

Don't know if I will ever get a new engine......it hasn't been that bad. My car does not eat too much oil...I thought I'd be adding some much more frequently but it's been good considering. I may not have her much longer...selling her or trading her in. $18,900 with winter tires! 38,500 miles.

Back