brake rotor problem

genericuser

Contributor
:
96 Miata M-Edition, 2015 Mazda 3 Hatch
Here's the lowdown:

25k miles: front brake pads worn out: replaced with "lifetime" pads at dealer
35k miles: car starts pulsating when stopping, take it into dealer, they replace rotors under warrenty.
47k miles: (today) take car into dealer complaining of same pulsating problem, they replace the rotors again saying if they machined them, they'd be under spec.. WTF?? Why does my car eat rotors :(

You are not eating them. You are warping them. Rotors can't be resurfaced too many times because it makes them to thin. You are braking to hard causing the rotor to heat up and warp. I had the same thing happen to me twice so I went with drilled rotors and never had a problem again.

Its because you have a 4-cylinder 6!! (rofl)

To the above poster, they haven't been resurfaced. You should be able to have them turned at least once.

No clue Sean, but mine warps rotors like a b****. I also beat my car, you don't.

I also read someone that you actually don't "warp" rotors, but the friction material ends up depositing unevenly on the rotors. Not sure the truth on that one though.

christ.. I don't drive aggresive at all! it's gotta be those stinkin lifetime pads. I don't brake hard. I do mostly highway driving to work with no hard stops.. growl.

Get softer pads then? Pads cheaper than rotors?

seanmcsean said:
christ.. I don't drive aggresive at all! it's gotta be those stinkin lifetime pads. I don't brake hard. I do mostly highway driving to work with no hard stops.. growl.

Back