accura's turbo svu

Alejo_NIN

:
RadonElement.Com
what do you guys think about this one??

does it stand next to the cx-7 or higher??

i'm a msp guy....just makes me mad that they have to copy mazda's ideas...

first was the cheyenne..but that's a porche...no argument there..

but accura too?

i know the cheyenne was out way before the cx-7

ACCURA SVU? You must be referring to the Acura RDX. Actually, the RDX has been in development for quite a long time and is a phenominal automobile. I own both Mazda and Acura vehicles. Each have their own "unique" qualities so I can't say either one is better than the other.

altspace said:
ACCURA SVU? You must be referring to the Acura RDX. Actually, the RDX has been in development for quite a long time and is a phenominal automobile. I own both Mazda and Acura vehicles. Each have their own "unique" qualities so I can't say either one is better than the other.
well said...

still..mazda is better :p

what do i know anyways...just wanted to know what people thought

I think the price of an RDX is a turn off considering I got my well-equipped GT for under 30. The RDX is nice but the price is steep.

Acura doesnt make bad automobiles.... (honda)

That being said, the CX will probably handle much better, and be quicker considering its slightly up on power compared to the new Acura.
(Assuming the RDX is of similar weight)

Very few mainstream cars drive as well as a well handling Mazda.
They just know how to make a car feel good.... the engineers are 'car guys'.

lllateralus said:
Acura doesnt make bad automobiles.... (honda)

That being said, the CX will probably handle much better, and be quicker considering its slightly up on power compared to the new Acura.
(Assuming the RDX is of similar weight)

Very few mainstream cars drive as well as a well handling Mazda.
They just know how to make a car feel good.... the engineers are 'car guys'.

I have to agree with you in the handling aspect since Mazdas handling is superb, but not on the power aspect. Mazda's lack in power when you compare them with other mainstream cars.

But like Xavier said, the price is the key factor. I know I would have purchase an Infinity FX35 hands down over the CX-7 if money wasn't an issue.

first was the cheyenne..but that's a porche...no argument there..

If you're talking about the Cayenne, it's like comparing apples and walnuts.

G-Papi said:

Your right... and I cant stant walnuts.
I hold Porsche in the highest respect, but I cant stand that thing.

Sure its a "Porsche", but to me it aint a PORSCHE.
I just dont like walnuts.

below = PORSCHE.

G-Papi said:

NO NO NO,
yarly.gif

The Cayenne and the Acura RDX are SUV's, he is talking about the "Cheyenne" an the "Accura turbo" which are (according to him, SVU's
Dunno2.gif
)

SUV and SVU is NOT the same...
yahoo.gif
rofl.gif

J/K...
flame.gif
flaming.gif

Last edited:
he said ". . . that's a Porsche "

(bang)(headbang)(crazy)

I'm so confused!!!!

Anyways, I'll try to keep 400 hp of Porsche in sight - that's the best I can hope to do.

well i know is a porche but i read from the newspaper that porche has 290 cars with problems, mazda has only 200 and it was in 17 place on the best leiability cars and this year gain 3 places now in 14 place , 1st toyota, 2nd honda(acura) not remember which one was in 3rd place , but i remember that audi was in 22 place porche in 29 and vw in 27 bmw in 18 and mercedes bens in 5th place .....

The RDX and CX-7 are playing on very different levels. Yes, they are both turbo 4 cyls, but the Acura's pricing starts right where the CX-7 stops. A base, Sport level CX-7 can be had for around $25k where the base RDX starts at $32k.

The RDX's only real competitor is the BMW X3 (although the Acura is much less expensive). The CX-7 on the other hand competes from RAV4 and CRV to Murano and Highlander.

01.jpg

Acura_RDX_3_600.JPG

Last edited:
well the cx-7 has the same things for a less price, the gt with everything cost 32k when the base of the rdx cost the same so i rather have a mazda with a awesome handling , awesome interior and exterior etc.... cx-7 beats the rdx all the way!!!

spike blue said:
well the cx-7 has the same things for a less price, the gt with everything cost 32k when the base of the rdx cost the same so i rather have a mazda with a awesome handling , awesome interior and exterior etc.... cx-7 beats the rdx all the way!!!
i agree with you....but some would get the accura just for a BRAND NAME

just like getting a piece of s*** SONY VAIO over a top of the line DELL both almost at the same price

I have driven both of these vehicles several times and
offer my opinion.If price is a factor purchase the CX7.They are
both very nice vehicles but the RDX is just a little nicer(the materials
are of better quality,eg seat comfort,dash material,stereo,etc).
Granted the RDX costs more but you do get a better warranty(4 year
bumper to bumper and 6 year powertrain).
I still havenot decided yet but both are very nice,I am still waiting
to see the new MDX

You cannot really compare Acura to Mazda, they are different class of vehicles. The Acura will always have better fit, finish and materials, but also will cost more. As others mentioned, Mazda competes with Honda, Toyota and Nissan... with that said, the CX-7 compares very well against higher-priced models such as the RDX, X3 etc.

I like the new Acuras but they are just a bit out of my price range. Besides, I like Mazdas more :)

Last edited:
ok look i have driven the last gen mdx which is due for a make over soon and personally I have seen more previous development ideas and earlier then the cx7. I love mazda and have yet to drive the cx BUT I give praise to acura/honda the MDX is one fine machine its a dream boat really. Ive also driven a X5 and my parents have a MDX simply because it basically offers everything the X5 and similar SUV's but a phenominally cheaper price which is always a plus. My father is waiting for the next gen MDX before he picks up another. The car is great not too big not too small not to tall, very luxusrious as well. I need to drive the cx to give a personal review but I agree they are both in different catagories because Acura is the "high class" honda meaning its demographics are different. Take that into consideration.

As mentioned in Canada the RDX will be $8k-$10k more than the CX-7. The CX-7 will have better driving dynamics and brakes. The acceleration will be about the same. The CX-7 exterior styling is FAR superior to the RDX. Although I regard the CX-7 interior as excellent, most people will give the interior edge to the RDX. For most people $10k will be too much difference for a little extra trim and the Acura name.

I think you'll see mostly the higher income people driving the Acura, probably as a second vehicle. I doubt you will see alot of the middle class paying the extra $10k. I can only speak for the Canadian market, the US might be different. The CX-7 out sold the Murano last month in Canada, so given Acura's low sales numbers in general in Canada the RDX sales won't touch the CX-7.

Back