New 5 pics (eyelids & Zaino wax)

Kid Red

:
Mazda 5
Hey everyone. I recently got my JMD eyelids and have them installed. I also recently waxed my 5 with Zaino. For those who don't know Zaino is one of those top of the line car show waxes and I've sat on the fence for 2 years and finally bought some. It's a 4-5 step system, but very easy to wipe on and off. (polish+curing agent, then spray, then polish coat 2, then spray, then finish spray coat, etc) Some do 3-4 coats of the polish, I only did 2 as it was my first time and I just wanted to get it done. About 5 hours in all I think.

Attachments

• m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 490
  • m5a.jpg
    m5a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 457
nice. i usually use Zaino Z2 after a good day of detailing. a good day means:
wash with Dawn, dry, clay bar, meguiar's #9, Mother's Sealer/Glaze, Zaino Z2. damn that's a long day. can't wait to spend the day waxing my 5.

Kid Red said:
To each his own I guess, I think they look sweet. Wife likes them too so it's not just me ;)
Exactly, your car not mine. I don't think they're hideous or ricey, just not my cup of tea, that's all ;)

Did you get them off the GB from the other website? I was gonna get in on that with the lids and a lip, but I was a little untrusting of the seller.

Yes, the group buy from mazdaspeed03 I think his nick is. I had no issues. He actually pays for and orders first. Then collects payment when he receives it from Taiwan. So if anything, he's very trusting that people will come thru on the backend. I highly recommend using him if you are interested in something he can get you. I'm on the fence with the gear shift knob and window rain guard things but would not worry about being scammed by him.

Kid, I'd like to see what those eyelids look like outside under the sunlight and less zoomed in. The more I think about it, the more I think I'd like them if I saw how they flow with the rest of the car.

Can we also get the eyelids in different paint matched colors??? If so I'd be interested in getting some as well :)

jandree22- Sure, I'll snap a few pics outside. That was my original intention, but I got lazy and didn't feel like moving the car out and then back in just for a snap. But I will get some. (maybe you can edit your post to get rid of that horse, hahaha)

7red7- Yes. check out mpvclub.com and go to the group buy forum. You'll then see a JMD for Mazda 5 thread. There's some pics of what he can get, just post in there what you want. He'll need the color code to match paint like he did with mine. Takes about 1-2 months because it's by ship from Taiwan I think.

Here are a few more pics. The damn sun was reflecting off them so they are a little shiny but you should get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2933.jpg
    IMG_2933.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 254
okay, just like I thought... now it looks pretty good, thanks ;)

but the horse stays... lol, he's friggen hilarious. If you never watched the original Ren & Stimpy cartoons you probably have no idea, but "No Sir, I don't like it" was just about the only thing he ever said. haha

Yea, I recognized the horse immediately, and that's why it bugs me. Kinda took the wind out of my excited about my eyelids' sails when I saw it ;(

hehe, cool man, thanks. Hey, have you checked out the group buy thread for more info? Nice to know all the goodies out there for you once you finally get your 5.

Welcome to the eyelid club ;)

Were you able to get all of the eyelid on and have all the tape contact the light? I slid it in and got the eyelid pretty far installed before the tape gripped. So I have like a hair gap in some of the tighter areas.

Back