Finest CX-7 yet (From a dealer

Hughes412

Get You Some!
:
03 Mazda Protege LX
I took this the other day. I almost went in to get it. But they added 4k for the wheels and tires. But damn that's clean.

Attachments

• Picture 349.jpg
    Picture 349.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,917
4k for a tire and wheel upgrade?????? For the street?????? WTF??????

not really, cause nobody will actually pay an extra $4k for that :p

Hughes412 said:
I took this the other day. I almost went in to get it. But they added 4k for the wheels and tires. But damn that's clean.
Could you take some close up pics? From what i can see they look good

Last edited:
chrome is nice...

Hughes412 said:
I wondered how the CX7 would look with chrome wheels....nice but $4K is a bit steep to get that look. Anyone else gonna switch out for chrome wheels? I am surprised they did not offer any chrome wheels.

whats funny is they charge you ungodly amoutns for upgrades, but you are still payign for the stock parts int he original price. and they sell those off also. shuld demand for those parts cause they dont credit those before adding the upgrdes! lol

aliennation95gt said:
whats funny is they charge you ungodly amoutns for upgrades, but you are still payign for the stock parts int he original price. and they sell those off also. shuld demand for those parts cause they dont credit those before adding the upgrdes! lol

+1000 Isn't that some $#!T.(pissed)

Hughes412 said:

Very nice, but what a rip off(pissed)
CX-7with22s.jpg

it breaks my golden rule of wheel/tire sizing:

the wheel gap cannot exceed the height of the sidewall

most vehicles come from the factory following this rule and you'll notice they look fine for the most part; it's when larger wheels with lower profile tires go on that the ratio is disturbed and lowering becomes a requirement (IMO)

^^^ I've always thought the same but never put it into words. that's exactly what I've thought though wow.

Oh and btw those look to be AT Italia Inox wheels. I pressured my mom to get them for her black 03 altima for sooo long, but she never did. Her 05 came with chrome wheels (POLISHED ALUMINUM, so not heavy) though so all is well. Oh and the wheels aren't heavy chromies (not at heavy at least).. they just have a polished fascia attached to them IIRC.

Hughes412 said:

I like mine!!!(yupnope)

Attachments

• GreyGhost Profile.jpg
    GreyGhost Profile.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 719
almost too "tuner-ish" for the CX imo - especially without a drop

Don't you think "tuner-ish" is what Mazda had in mind when they designed this car? All of the cars they had built for the SEMA show are very "tuner-ish" and with a turbo intercooled engine there will be lots of performance parts available in the near future.

IMO, every CX needs a drop!(nana)

In all honesty, I can't wait for the eibach kit to come out, just hope someone also thinks ahead and makes a camber kit!

Yea, all those soccer moms go to SEMA to see all the tuner cx's. Whatever. The cx is a platform ready for tuning. You should see what they are doing to them in Japan.

Gray Ghost said:
Don't you think "tuner-ish" is what Mazda had in mind when they designed this car? All of the cars they had built for the SEMA show are very "tuner-ish" and with a turbo intercooled engine there will be lots of performance parts available in the near future.
Nope, the styling IMO is sleek and upscale; those rims look like they belong on a Civic. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

I would be interested in seeing pictures of these SEMA CX7's; I'd bet they aren't otherwise stock and I bet they're lowered. Just a hunch, though.

Back