Radio Replacement.....

cx-7heaven

:
'07 CX-7
Ok, I am almost done replacing my stock radio with my jvc kd avx1. I have found out that the Metra wiring harness for mazda 2001-up will fit the stock radio. I am custom fitting a bezel insert for the new deck. It's already cut and filed to shape and size, tomorrow I will get the glue and cut the DIN sized hole, hopefull have it installed. I am setting it up so that I can return it to stock if I want to. Hopefully I can post pics of it when I'm done(dont have a digital cam handy). Worst comes to worst, I'll take regular pix and scan em.

Ok, Heres some pics:

Attachments

• 001_25A.JPG
    001_25A.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 3,271
  • 003_23A.JPG
    003_23A.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 2,973
  • 008_18A.JPG
    008_18A.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 2,616
  • 009_17A.JPG
    009_17A.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 2,646
  • 010_16A.JPG
    010_16A.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 3,033
Here are some more.......

Notice how the clock still works, even with the cable unplugged( setting it, thats another deal alltogether!!) The SQ is so much better now, my next project..........
AMPS!!!!!!
Audiobahn a6601t(75x6 RMS)
Audiobahn a3201t(840 rms bridged @4ohms)

All going into the wheelwell, out of sight

Attachments

• 012_14A.JPG
    012_14A.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 2,864
  • 014_12A.JPG
    014_12A.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 2,464
Last edited:
Was easy to take off the panel? seems really tight.. let me know what kind tools u use to take it off please~~ I'm trying to hook up ipod useing media button. if i can take it off i can find out thank u..

OK, on the pic below you see the arrows. You must insert a prying tool( I used a chisel) CAREFULLY in between the bezel and the dash on the right side above the air ducts(arrow). Make sure you are in deep, it will go about an inch to an inch and a half. then pry straight to the back and slightly up of the vehicle. It is a pressure fit and it is tight as hell. You will see that side pop. then use the tool on the drivers side and do the same thing. Then pull it out EASY from the top down to the bottom, always pulling straight to the back of the car.

Attachments

• 003_23A1.JPG
    003_23A1.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 2,401
Update......

I just got done designing my system, and running power wires for the amps. As I build the system, I will try to take some pics so that interested people can follow along. List of whats going in:

JVC KD-AVX 1 DVD deck
Kicker 5 channel xover
Audiobahn A6601t amp(75x6@4 ohms)
Audiobahn A3201t amp(840 bridged @4 ohms)
Polk MMC6500 front, rear speaks
MTX Thunder 5500 10's (4 of em!)
0 guage power and ground
Monster cable 401 xln interconnects, and speaker wire
Rockford 50 Farad Capacitor.

man, that looks awesome! can you get a night shot of that with dash lights and and a video please?
thanks
great job by the way. where did you get the wiring harness?

CEW73 said:
man, that looks awesome! can you get a night shot of that with dash lights and and a video please?
thanks
great job by the way. where did you get the wiring harness?

how do you set the clock???????? good question.
maybe with the way the wiring harness is, it is done by the radio still ?????
reply please so we dont go by radios and cant tell the time.(peep)

Last edited:
The way I look at it with the clock, it'll be right half of the year. I guess if I wanted to set it, I would simply plug in the stock radio and set it. The Metra harness just deadends the clock controls from the radio.

It's Alive, It's Alive!!!!!!!!

Just got it installed, and man oh man does it sound incredible!!!!!!! I'm not done yet, gotta finish setting up my amp rack, and bolting,screwing stuff down. Pics by the weekend ladies and gentlemen!

IMO, your setup is nice but I don't like the foam around the radio. It doesn't look profesional. If I was you I would get a custom painted fiberglass fabication.

Thats not foam, thats abs plastic, it has a texture to it. I haven't been able to get rid of it yet, I'll prolly wait till a complete bezel comes out like they make for the 6.

Help me I'm newb 0_o

I have a pair of Polk MMC6500 and I'm trying to get them in the front doors, How did you get yours in the front doors? Did you have to make your own mounting bracket? I really appreciate any help you can give me cx7Heaven. Also how hard are the doors to get off and where are the screws?

Back