Alpine Speakers Installed

:
'06 5, '04 WRB WRX
Just thought I'd share one of my mods during this vacation week:
64998242.jpg

Front doors.Alpine SPS 57C2. Definitely more improved sound. Crisper and more bass.

mountjonas said:
did you keep the stock wiring?
Yes I did. I just tapped into the stock wires.Just incase down the line we get rid of the car, I can just put the stockers back on.
I'm sure you could get a Metra connector for it but hey, I'm cheap ! :)

nice!thoses type S from alpine are a really good afordable upgrade from stock speakers,you will enjoy them...change the back ones to,you ll be pleased....(shocked)

patmaz said:
nice!thoses type S from alpine are a really good afordable upgrade from stock speakers,you will enjoy them...change the back ones to,you ll be pleased....(shocked)
Yeah, they are pretty good. I think I'll pass on the rears for now as my Bazooka is filling up the rear sound anyways. :)

I have a full set up of these speakers in my car . front ,rear doors and rear deck on a 4 channel amp sounds so nice compared to stock

2Cam16 So If I read correctly you kept the stock radio and did not add an amp. Sounds like a quick improvement.... did the front panel go back on easy?

Zoom5Zoom said:
2Cam16 So If I read correctly you kept the stock radio and did not add an amp. Sounds like a quick improvement.... did the front panel go back on easy?
Haven't changed the HU. I can't seem to find anyone that's done a simple aftermarket HU install. I have an Alpine waiting to be installed.
Yeah, no amp either. That too is just sitting in my garage. IMO, the stock HU seems fine right now.
If you're talking about the front panel of the stock radio, it was easy to put back on.
If you're talking about the door panel, it was easy too.

dsulli37 said:
Can you take a pic of the old speakers? I want to see how many ohms they are.
Do you need a pic or do you just need the OHMS rating ?
I'll try to remember this week. :)

The thing is that those OEM speakers aren't that bad. I have an ipod I plug in via a cassette adapter in the optional tape deck, and the ipod, with the bass boost EQ setting gives much much more bass. The real problem is the radio IMO.

epharmacist said:
2cam16,

Those 5x7 Alpines seem to fit good. Speakers and stereo is on my mod to-do list. Also, did you replace the rear speakers?

Here is a link to a Mazda3 door panel removal.

http://dagieu.dasavet.com/mazda/doorpanel/door.html

Cheers!

SF in da house! (burnout)
Matt,
Yes, they are a perfect fit. I didn't do the rears as I've heard it takes sometime to do the whole project and I don't really see a need to replace them right now as I have a Bazooka back there so the rears are just rear-fill. :)

I too switched out the stock speakers in the front. The task of taking the skin off the doors to get to the speaker is very simple. Nothing can go wrong. One hint I may add is when you take the bolt off the centre trim piece of the door (the one where your hand goes to open and close the door), the whole unit pivots on the front edge closest to the front of the car. Take a small screwdriver on the rear section of the piece and lift it up gently. Disconnect the power window wiring and start popping the skin away from the door.

I also installed Alpine speakers and the sound is incredible. I did however notice I need to increase the volume of the stereo to get the speakers to drive a sweet sound.

Both doors with soldering of the new wires and installation took about an hour. This mod is worth the time. Now I need some aftermarket tweeters to complete the mod. I have some Infiniti speakers for the rear, but this mod may have to happen in the Spring. Hockey season is a killer for me and the kids.

Question

Does eni 1 noe wat size r da frnt spkrz
plzz i wana upgrd it jus wana make sure wat size spkrz fir in all of em

al_thegreat1 said:
Does eni 1 noe wat size r da frnt spkrz
plzz i wana upgrd it jus wana make sure wat size spkrz fir in all of em
sprechen sie Deutsches? (scratch)

Seriously though, going by the 2cam's first post with the picture and model number, it certainly appears that they're 5"x7"s. 5 1/2" would probably fit fine, too if you're a round freak

Last edited:
The stock speakers are 4 ohms. No need to take a picture.

5x7 or 6x8 inch speakers drop right in. 6x9 inch speakers DO NOT fit. You can also fit 5.25 or 6.5 inch speakers with an adapter or custom baffle.

Back