MS6 Bose Sub in to RCA

NatasG

Let me Preface to so that Yes, I am fully aware of all the info on this subject out there but have not been able to find an answer to my question about new wiring colors:

I plan on installing a single 12 in sub this weekend and need some clarification from you experienced folks out there. My goal is to run 4 guage to the battery, Remote turn on to the Blue and Red Power line on the Bose sub input, ground to the chassis in back somewhere (Any suggestions would be appreciated) but my question is on the RCA level signal to my Sub. I would like to get it from the Brown wire and Black/red stripe wires that are the signal input to the sub.

The problem is that previously documented connections on older models suggest using a Y adapter, combine to two shield wires and connect to the ground going to the bose sub or the chassis and combine to two RCA signal lines and tap into just one of the two signal lines (in the example it was Black\Silver. No Black\Silver in our MS6 so....has anyone done this on their MS6 and did you choose just one of the wires to tap for signal and which one (Brown or Black\Red) or did you tap both with its own RCA and ground the RCA even though the signal I believe is already mono? How was the signal Quality with what you got?

All the details I am referencing come from here:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=191&highlight=bose+aftermarket+sub

Thanks for any help you can give and sorry for the long post...

Back