A simple example of "attention to detail".

monsta

Contributor
:
06 5 Touring, 07 Sport
Must say, I like Mazda's attention to detail even in a value priced car.

One of the things that I hate on most new cars today is that big-ole, ugly, bare metal muffler that hangs out the rear. In fact, I even dislike the bare pipe that sticks out on those that have the muffler under the vehicle. My first mod to any vehicle I get is to spray paint the visible pipe or muffler flat black.

It's nice that Madza did it for me and stick a nice little chrome tip on it, too! :)

[/ramble]

one of the worst offenders of this is GM, and they got in with toyota for a bit and look at the last gen camry...freakin pipe hangs down under the car just like the cavialier.....

mazda is the best japanese car man. right now.....have the nicest looking and sporty product.

even the minivan is awsome......but the 5 is better....and not a minivan....

Yay for chrome exhaust tips!
AAA-62-7401%20LED%20Muffler%20Tip.jpg

(lol2)

Seriously though, I agree. A (non-ricey, ahem) chrome tip really adds that finishing touch to a car. Other manufacturers simply see it as penny pinching opportunity, tis a shame.

that chrome tip appeared with the exhaust recall. my 5 in it's original form had the ugly steel pipe. it was one of the nice suprises with the recall, + the $500 of coarse.

Ya, I also like that they paint the rotors and calipers silver even though it's really not necessary and adds to their expense. My Focus looked like crap within a few months with rusted Brakes. I made sure I pointed that out to my design mgr at Ford. Arrrgh, I'm so happy my Focus is GONE! Too bad they didn't focus a little better and add an ipod input, sunglass holder and change slots so my coins don't slide around in those ip trays.

Back