Stock Turbo Pics

Bigg Tim

:
MazdaSpeed 6
Stock Turbo/3"DP Pics

Here are some Pics I took of my turbo while they had it off my car. I am getting a turbo back exhaust made and with only 1400 miles on the car, the 1st O2 sensor was siezed in the pipe so it got messed up when it was removed, so I need a new one. Also, 2 of the 5 studs broke off the turbo flange to the downpipe, so they had to take off the turbo to get them out and put new ones in.

This turbo is TINY, it definatly needs an upgrade, but I'm not going to do it now until there is some engine management available. It sulkcs, because now is the perfect time, but I'll wait and do it right.

Attachments

• DSC02344.jpg
    DSC02344.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 4,931
  • DSC02345.jpg
    DSC02345.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 5,526
  • DSC02346.jpg
    DSC02346.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 2,327
Last edited:
slow down! hahaha. mazda tuners have no regard for warranty.

Last edited:
Awwww... it's just adorable.

1,400 miles and already a turbo back, You are hardcore Tim. After going all out on the Protege I am taking my time with the speed 6. Non-warranty voiding parts for now (stereo), and CARB compliance are the order of the day.

Last edited:
I got so used to having sound out of my car, that I need the exhaust. I want to do all the basic bolt on's to it: intake, exhaust, FMIC and tune. This thing has a ton of potential in it, I just wanna release some of it.:)

Woah, neat... That looks like an electronic boost controller, there. I wonder if it functions just to switch between high/low boost, or if it's progressive? Hmm. It's neat, though!

I just got my car back up and running. The exhaust definatly made a difference. The spool up is much quicker and pulls real strong. I am getting it dyno'd next saturday, I think I picked up some nice gains.

Here are pics of the downpipe, the rest of the exhaust looks like the CPE one. I have a 24" resonator in the middle and a magnaflow muffler out the passenger side, no dual exhaust.

Attachments

• DSC02392.jpg
    DSC02392.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 935
  • DSC02393.jpg
    DSC02393.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 630
Looks really nice. I'm guessing the aftermarket won't catch up with DI systems for a few years though, so I doubt we'll see too many mods on MZR cars.

Looks great... is it going to be a retail piece??

Also, how soon does the car build boost now?? And what kind of cat is being used? CEL?

Bigg Tim said:
I just got my car back up and running. The exhaust definatly made a difference. The spool up is much quicker and pulls real strong. I am getting it dyno'd next saturday, I think I picked up some nice gains.

Here are pics of the downpipe, the rest of the exhaust looks like the CPE one. I have a 24" resonator in the middle and a magnaflow muffler out the passenger side, no dual exhaust.

Very nice Tim.

I am betting you'll see some pretty nice gains with the worlds largest cat no longer present right at the turbo.

How is the noise level with the new exhaust, and which magnaflow muffler did you use?

i did the 3" turbo back in the car and a cai 3 days or so after getting it for those who havent done there exhaust theres a world of difference from my experiance you start pulling about 3-400 rpms sooner, and continue to pull all the way before the piping was done droped the pull around 5600(est) i have hit rl a few times in 1st now i did the exhaust. alot faster and smother all i can say. they did nice work on yours tim... ohh btw no awd dyno here so i have no idea on gains

Bigg Tim said:
I got so used to having sound out of my car, that I need the exhaust. I want to do all the basic bolt on's to it: intake, exhaust, FMIC and tune. This thing has a ton of potential in it, I just wanna release some of it.:)

hahaha...that's how it starts..." i just want to do a few basic bolt on's" 10 grand later....good luck with your car tim!!

I don't have any pics of the rest of the exhaust. I tried to take one under the car but it turned out bad, so I said screw it. Underneath it looks just like the CPE setup except I have a muffler right at the bumper.

They aren't going to mas produce this exhaust, They don't mass produce things. He also cut the flange off my stock DP to use on the new one, so he wouldn't have a way to reproduce the flange since he didn't make a template or anything. The sound of it is good, a little drone when you let off the gass and decelerate but not too bad.

The boost does come on a few hundred RPM's sooner, but the main thing is how fast it goes to 15psi. It's like you're at 0 then BAM you're at 15 before you know it. And I don't have any CEL's, I kept a universal high flow cat in there so the ECU should be happy. We'll see as I put miles on it. I am going to order an intake now, I want to see if I can get it before Saturday so I can do a dyno with only the exhaust and then slap the intake on and do some more pulls. We'll see what happens.

Back