Power Boost for Mazda 6

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
I was just wondering,

My wife is really interested in a Mazda 6 for our next car. We currently both drive proteges (She has a sedan and I have a P5). I'm pretty well versed in several vehicles and having worked at a dealership myself I'm no stranger to cars.

As I said earlier she's very itnerested in a 6 5door and I very much like the styling of the car only one problem I have. The ford sourced duratec V6 (at least thats what I think it is) seems a little weak at 220 hp comparred to the VQ35DE in the Altima, the new Camry motor and also the honda motor.

We both think that the 6 is the best looking and most dynamically appealing of all of them but the motor seems a bit weak.

My question is pretty much this:

Is there a power boost in the works for the 6 say in the range of about 240 hp or so.

The MS6 is an awesome car but it's a little too much for what we're looking for and I'm determined to have a NA motor in my next car.

I understand that Mazda would not want the base 6 to canibalize the MS6 sales.

Could they conceiveably bump the MS6 power output to 300hp and then bump the base 6 to about 240 or 250 (also considering that the MS6 has the benefit of AWD)?

Anyone heard anything.

I have not heard of an output increase for the 3.0ltr. But I think Ford is due to replace the unit this next year with a 3.5ltr.. Not for sure if it will spill over into the Mazda's or not.
That being said, typically Ford powerplants responde quite well to intake/exhaust work.. maybe worth a look since the 6's are on rebate sales now and these mods are worth the cost.

It would be nice to have a 3.5L motor in the 6. Do you by any chance have any idea of the power gains people are seeing from maybe a CAI, headers and exhaust?

I don't have any numbers no. Just experience form my Mustang GT and the Explorer, my brothers old T-bird and such. Ford really chokes up their vehicles. It made my Explorer Sport a completely different vehicle. Hope it helps. :)

You Don't want to wait till 2008......

I have heard that a Mazda6 V6 with a CP-E the car drives seriously different!!

I heard numbers like 230 at least...NA on the 3.0 is a better way to go.

Back