Black Cherry

cx7byer

Hi everyone,

I just bought a black cherry mica cx-7 with grand touring and tech packages. It is such a beautiful color and I notice stares (good ones) everywhere I go. The ride is very smooth and quiet, and I love the sunroof. We have sand leather, which I like because its not as hot when you climb in.
It looks so super on the road compared to all of those CR-V's and RAV4's. I'm really pleased with my purchase, and I love the fact there is such great value.
The black cherry color really stands out in the sunlight- wow! In the dark, it seems much darker, but there is still that dark purple. Anyone who is considering black cherry shall not be disappointed!

It would be great to see some pics! I haven't seen that color around my area yet.

Great choice - in the color too!

Welcome

va_cache said:
It would be great to see some pics! I haven't seen that color around my area yet.
I've noticed that pictures don't really do the color justice. The ones on the Mazda website (and in the brochure) make it look purple-y. It really is chameleon-like - it looks black from a distance, like a deep merlot up close, and sometimes it looks brownish bronze.

Definitely a head turner....

Mike

We were at the local dealer today for an inspection (they never did the final inspection before selling it) and I saw the black cherry. Wow, is that color deep!

Had a '04 MX-5 in that color never got so many positive comments on that color combo.
-Gary

well ive never seen this color but i guess is nice, i got this monday mine sport liquid silver metallic and is camaleon too , when is sunny looks really shine silver but at night i looks like titanium i thought i was going to miss my msp but nah i love this SUV a lot!!!

needpics.gif

It *is* a nice color... saw it on the lot... but I was worried it might be too-dark, too-close to black. I'm not one for washing my car every week and Black can really show-off that kind of neglect. :)

Once I got close to the car, I had the same reaction... "WOW! It's actually a burgundy-ish flake in there..." I liked it... until I moved a little further past and caught more of the "Root-Beer" color - which isn't *BAD* per-se... to each their own... but I'm not one for brown on a vehicle. Instead, I opted for the color that every-other-owner is going to have. The copper-red.

Enjoy yours in good-health! It really IS a nice, rich color... and I'm sure you'll be more "unique" than I will on the highway.

:) Peace...

. . .

Man, I might actually change my mind now. It was between the Copper Red and Liquid Platinum, but dang does Black Cherry look classy

Some lady in the Lowes parking lot stopped me and said "I love your paint" a couple of weeks ago. It's so fun getting compliments. BC had just been washed and spray waxed and the mica was popping in the noonday sun. I think we've made a great color choice :) I just wish it was more chip resistant. :-(

after 1 winter, the lower body of my truck was a mess from all the salt, sand, and garbage weather that clung to it. the wear really showed. however, i blame the dealer in part....since my car was serviced so much, they would run the truck thru the car wash outside WITHOUT rinsing off the body before it was scrubbed. more or less, from the door handles down was scratched up beyond belief, in the sun, forget it.

Back