Backfire when shiffting

jcgemt2003

:
06 speed6
Ok....so I have 3inch exhaust and a 3inch glass pack. After about 1000 miles on that exhaust I noticed some popping when shifting to 3rd. I just had the new recall reflash done and now its popping into second gear as well as third. Any Ideas why? Someone told me it could be from the boost spiking(fuel cutoff). Anyone agree?

i would say too much fuel, mine shoots flames when i shift (no cats)

that would be my opinion!!

rob

joka1 said:
i would say too much fuel, mine shoots flames when i shift (no cats)

that would be my opinion!!

rob

I believe the same. Rich possibly. I shoot flames from 3rd to 4th especially.

it is very rich on fuel i hooked up the innovate to mine after the exhaust for a few reasons to check the afr, egt's, and the boost. it came up to be very rich when full throttle is pressed thoughout the gears every shift it leans out then full throttle again puts it higher than the previous gear causing it to backfire no harm done due to it being out at the end of the exhaust if you want numbers im not good at computers or typing...lol but i might be able to download the curves i belive theres a 20min. record time on the setup i can give it another run if anyone wants to see. you can tell when it backfires.

MS6 Alan said:
By chance have you replaced the BOV or vent to atmosphere instead of recirculating?
I am in recirc.....VTA sucks...you lose horsepower and I could tell a difference

Back