dropping a cx-7

cx-7_racer

:
2007 mazda cx-7
Hey I am new to AWD cars and was wondering if you can drop a cx-7 and how hard it would be.

thanks for any info

Something in the How to subforum would be nice.

why drop it? it's low enough and u may F up your warrenty. CX handles fine. instead of lowereing, add 20" rims and tires and i think u will be pleased instead of lowering. it will also ride more harsh if u lower, but handle better. ...depends on what u r looking for.

20" rims will only amplify the wheel gap. The only way to get rid of it is to drop. A bigger wheel would work if there was even wheel gap around the wheel. Since this does not hold in the case with the CX-7, dropping is the only alernative.

I imagine it will be a drastic drop if you want it to look tight, so might be kind of expensive to implement.

njcx7 said:
why drop it? it's low enough and u may F up your warrenty. CX handles fine. instead of lowereing, add 20" rims and tires and i think u will be pleased instead of lowering. it will also ride more harsh if u lower, but handle better. ...depends on what u r looking for.

The same might be said about the ride with 20s on 0_o

it's really more like a wagon than an SUV. it's not as if lowering it is going to ruin all the awesome off-road ability the CX-7 has.

09factor said:
Who actually make a lowering kit for the -7?

I just spoke to Eibach and they are going to have a ProKit available in a couple of months for the CX-7. They made the springs that are on the DG Motorsports and the Troy Lee Designs CX-7's from SEMA. He said that the drop will be somewhere between 1.5" and 2".

I've also been talking with Tein to see if they will offer one as well! The initial reaction was "no plans", but I am trying to play the "oh well, I guess I'll have to buy the eibach kit" card. (sssh)

I'll keep you posted...

I'd pick the TEIN springs over the Eibachs - I've had multiple sets of both for different cars, and the TEIN was always better. Just beware of fake TEIN springs out there.

I am not an SUV fan, but I was driving behind a CX7 the other day thinking that if I needed a slightly bigger vehicle for my family a CX7 would not be a bad way to go. Were I to get one it wouldn't be for any SUV tendencies, but rather that it had an engine platform that I already enjoy from a manufacturer I support. Were I to get one, the first mod that I would do would be to lower it because I enjoy the look of something that has a sleek, aggressive stance. It wouldn't matter to me that I was negating the off-road capabilities of the vehicle by doing so because I would never plan to take it off-road.

R

Infymus said:
I'd pick the TEIN springs over the Eibachs - I've had multiple sets of both for different cars, and the TEIN was always better. Just beware of fake TEIN springs out there.

My sentiments exactly; I haven't been able to make any head-way with Tein, but they did mention that there may be something in the works for the japanese market.

Unfortunately, noone is offering a kit right now, but hopefully someone gets the picture soon!

njcx7 said:

Wrong. I'll make it look worse, and 20" wheels will slow it down.

Dim said:
20" rims will only amplify the wheel gap. The only way to get rid of it is to drop. A bigger wheel would work if there was even wheel gap around the wheel. Since this does not hold in the case with the CX-7, dropping is the only alernative.

I imagine it will be a drastic drop if you want it to look tight, so might be kind of expensive to implement.

(attn)
only alternative? oh come on now you have not checked out my car then! i think 20s on the cx-7 was just perfect!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2480342(attn)

cx-7_racer said:
Hey I am new to AWD cars and was wondering if you can drop a cx-7 and how hard it would be.

thanks for any info

I'm not into lowering cars but if I were, I would not waste my money lowering an AWD vehicle. With AWD, you want as much ground clearance as possible so that the AWD works like it is supposed to. The AWD will still be a benefit lowered, but just not worth the extra money. Of course if you already have the AWD then it is a matter of what you want more... form or function. To each his own.....(cheers)

Back