Anyone Tint?

JayHovah

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Just wanted to see what people thought of tinting the front windows. I know the back is factory tinted and is probably darker then legal in MA. So if I were to tint the front there would probably be some mismatch??? Anyone done this yet? Any pics?

Thanks,

- JC -

JayHovah said:
Just wanted to see what people thought of tinting the front windows. I know the back is factory tinted and is probably darker then legal in MA. So if I were to tint the front there would probably be some mismatch??? Anyone done this yet? Any pics?

Thanks,

- JC -
Im going to have this done and there will be a mismatch for sure, i think the lowest most tint shops go anymore is 10%,

Please do post some pics when you get it done. Wondering how it will look. What is the darkest legal in your state?

JayHovah said:
So if I were to tint the front there would probably be some mismatch??? Anyone done this yet? Any pics? Thanks,
Have had mine done for 7 weeks. No front window tint is legal here in California. Wanted the tinted look and help for the A/C without going too dark.
Ours were done 35% and are lighter than the factory rears. Looks good to me, just hope I dont get stopped for it.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 525
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 584
Zoom49 said:
Have had mine done for 7 weeks. No front window tint is legal here in California. Wanted the tinted look and help for the A/C without going too dark.
Ours were done 35% and are lighter than the factory rears. Looks good to me, just hope I dont get stopped for it.
does look good, im in the same boat your in as far as the tint laws in PA, but im going with 10%

Zoom49 said:

LOOKS AWESOME! THANKS FOR SHARING
IM GOING 20% ON MINE! I HAD IT DONE TO THE 6 AND NEVER GOT STOPPED!

Thanks for the pics! Not too bad. I guess you might only really be able to tell there is a mismatch in extreme sun? In MA we can only do 35%. We have a black one so I thought it would like pretty nice tinted out.

Last edited:
Virginia calls for 50 percent max for fronts. Makes for an ugly mismatch in my view. Besides, I was gazing at mine yesterday, and had a flash -

OMG - it looks like a jazzy hearse for short people!!!

JayHovah said:

Thanks,

- JC -

I just got mine tinted last week.
Paid $85 plus tax for the front windows.
The perfect match is 15% limo tint.
I hope this helps...
Here is a picture to prove it:
Picture203.jpg

Picture204.jpg

I just got back from having mine tinted - no photos yet, but I had him do the front driver's side and passenger's side windows to "legal" limits... but had him do all the rear windows in 3X Limo tint. (Not sure what that means, but it is DARK!)

I'll get photos this week and post 'em.

Very impressed with his work and very happy with how (virtually) impossible it is to see in those windows now.

- Scott

Z_Monzter said:
I just got mine tinted last week.
Paid $85 plus tax for the front windows.
The perfect match is 15% limo tint.
I hope this helps...
Here is a picture to prove it:
Picture203.jpg

Picture204.jpg

the rear windows are factory?? It looks too dark for me!!!

Going to get the fronts done in a couple of weeks to match the rear. Do not know of anyone here in central FL so just may have the dealer do it unless they are too much$$$. Just want to match the rears if i could.

Zoom49 said:

The legal limit is 70% visable in California. So, the safest you can go is 25% without being hassled by cops.

Thanks,

- JC -

We tinted the front door windows with 20% (Same as factory windows) It matches very well with what factory installed. I have pics of it on Cardomain.com

Attachments

• 2009 CX7.jpg
    2009 CX7.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 284
I'll hav to get a pic of my Girlfriends we tinted hers 20% so it matched the rear thatn did 45% down the whole windshield

Latest posts

Back