Wipers look ice resistant

G-Papi

:
'07 Mazda6s Grand Touring Automatic 5D Tropical Island Blue
Anybody notice the wiper arms look as if they're designed to resist icing? I know that's not what's on everybody's mind in 100 degree heat, but let's see what December brings.

G-Papi said:
Anybody notice the wiper arms look as if they're designed to resist icing? I know that's not what's on everybody's mind in 100 degree heat, but let's see what December brings.

Hmmmm...will have to look....winter is approaching...got down in the 30's overnite....holy schnikes!!

They are Valeo blades.. designed at their research center here in good ol' Rochester NY :p

oem_vs_ultimate_wiper_blade.jpg

It's a really simple design.. just a piece of spring steel (don't know if that's the correct term for it) with a rubber spoiler piece over it. The blade is attached to the spring steel, and it attaches to the wiper arm just like any other blade.

For anyone looking to get these for their car, many auto parts stores now carry Bosche Icon wipers, which are a 100% replica of the Valeo wipers. I think they must have licensed it from Valeo or something. I've had them on my car for 6 months and they've been AWESOME.

I dunno. I'd just go with the Bosche Icon blades.. Canadian Tire might carry them, I'm not sure. Basically every parts store that I go to in the states carries Bosche wipers so that's the first place I saw the Icon blades.

Cool ~ I know that nobody was thinking about that back in June when I first posted. It's amazing what a little frost on the pumpkin will make you think about.

Focus said:
Canadian tire calls them Reflex:

omg no don't get those!

well if you already have them.. be prepared for them to fall apart. You can't replace the blade on them either.. it's just glued to the metal.

Since they don't have a spoiler to provide force on the blade, those didn't work well for me for very long.

Back