2007 Mazda 5 Color

goodguy

As you probably aware, the 07 M5 is coming in Galaxy Grey with espresso leather interior.

In my opinion that should be an incredible color combination.

I just purchased a Mazda 6 Wagon in Tungsten Grey and a Mazda MPV in Galaxy Grey.

The Tungsten looks lighter grey with a pinkish/rosy hue in the sunlight. A bit strange but you really don't notice the undertone as it is very subtle.

The Galaxy Grey is now my favorite color. It is actually a darker "steel blue" color with a sandy undertone. What I have noticed in the week I've had the car is it has an incredible sparkle to it in the sunlight and does not look "dull grey" at all as I thought when I saw it on the lot.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to get the M5 in Galaxy Grey as I think it will look pretty incredible.

Expresso doesn't rock with me as I have seen some concept pics of the color matches. I will wait to touch the car when it comes in to give my more professional opinion then this.... hell what happened to black or grey or light leather like the CX7 White GT like really it does rocks

One thing I'll say about Mazda, is they choose some of the prettiest, coolest paint choices of any manufacturer. They really don't make a color I don't like... I mean, I'm not crazy about the Greensilver, but some are, and I can't help but admit that at least it's completely unique.

But I agree, while I'm still 100% happy about choosing Whitewater Pearl, Galaxy Grey is a very VERY beautiful color.

I think the brown/espresso/chili leather is the hot thing with many manufacturers.

Mazda has been recently doing it on the RX8, Nissan on the Z, Bmw on various models. It seems that any photos you see of Mercedes, BMW, etc are all in grey or silver and black or brown leather.

I recently sat in a Nissan Quest with a Grey Exterior and, what they call, Chili Red interior in leather. It looked like baseball glove leather. At first I was like "what the heck" but after seeing how it went with the black intertior accents - I can see why this will probably bocome the "hot" color in the next few years as american manufacturers catch up and overdo it but offereing it in everything.

Attached is a pic of the quest interior.

Attachments

• que_int_pfa_main.jpg
    que_int_pfa_main.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Good point Flip

See Japenese are playing catch up to the Germans, and the americans will catch on when it is out of style.

Interestingly enough, there was recent article talking to American car designers (detroit) which they were all excited about the "NEW" paint colors coming out in the next few years. The hot color base was blue tones but they also said that metallic colors wil other color undertones were "going to be really hot" - I laughed, When will GM and Ford get some real designers who can actually set a trend instead of playing catch up to JPN and others. Mazda has had these colors for a while (i.e Galaxy Grey, etc..) Now get in your Mazda, look at the paint color, drive down the road and look at the GM paint colors - Boooring and so out of date. Unfortunately, GM plays it so safe (or moves so slowly) the only thing they consider innovative is a "retro" camaro or a copy of the PT cruiser. I'm sure those vehicles will pull you out of the hole you have dug for yourself. It is unfortunate but I think GM and Ford are clinging to good ol boys (Bob Lutz and Billl Ford Jr.) who know squat about how to create a Honda/Toyota beater. They are relying upon retro cars for hype but should be placing thier energy into a real vehicle. Now the ford fusion looks promising - OH wait - that is Mazda 6 technlogy - oh well.

Last edited:
Back