Has anybody put 20's on yet

chasmanz28

:
96Z28 02SS CX-7
Im thinking about keeping the stock 18's for the winter and upgrading to chrome 20's for summer use. Has anybody done this yet, and do i have to worry about anything? I do have the tech package so what would i need to do to make this work.

Last edited:
I just don't think it would be right haha. I think they belong to the ghetto kids with their caprices and old cop cars haha

mp3josh said:
I just don't think it would be right haha. I think they belong to the ghetto kids with their caprices and old cop cars haha
Well maybe somebody with an cx will chime in then. What style wheel would you pick almighty one (enguard)

Well Charles I would choose something that would be around stock size or one size bigger and then lower the car with springs.

mp3josh said:
Well Charles I would choose something that would be around stock size or one size bigger and then lower the car with springs.
Thanks Joshua your the man (yupnope)

everything i posted is just my opinion. It is your car you spent the money on it.

My plan is to mount RX-8 wheels (18x8) IF I can verify the offset will work with the CX-7... no larger than the stock wheels, just a tad more aggressive

azms6 said:
My plan is to mount RX-8 wheels (18x8) IF I can verify the offset will work with the CX-7... no larger than the stock wheels, just a tad more aggressive
Yes thats the problem i have with the stock wheel, if it had a more aggressive look that would solve half my problem, just dont know which way to go. Keep the 18's, go 19, or up to 20's

azms6 said:

I like that idea as well.

heres a chopped pic with 20" on mine(omg)

Attachments

• chopped 7.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,231
Think about 20inch tuner rims on a CX-7 with an aggressive lowered stance (not slammed)...a la cayenne-esque...I like that sport/tuner crossover look ;)

varek said:
Not to offend your taste, but it seems like you just depreciated the vehicle 5k less. (omg)

Ha-ha! i guess you dont know what i meant by "chopped" huh(shocked)
i asked someone to chop the car to see how it would look with 20"s!
i know its FUGLY! ill keep the stock look so dont worry :)

CEW73 said:
Ha-ha! i guess you dont know what i meant by "chopped" huh(shocked)
i asked someone to chop the car to see how it would look with 20"s!
i know its FUGLY! ill keep the stock look so dont worry :)

i forgot to add it was really funny. (cryhard)

Thanks For The Link

(pissed)
Newf said:
guys
www.tirerack.com. You can add and see whatever wheels you want for the cx-7

THANKS!!! BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE RIMS FROM THE PICTURE BELOW
mazda-cx7-06.jpg

Back