A/C Efficiency?

nopstnz

:
99/00 Miata;04 RX-8; 07 CX-7
Hey folks:

Just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue with their 7? With the a/c on recirc., outside temp about 85, and fan control on 2, the air blowing from the vents were some what "cool". The a/c blows much "colder" in my 99 Miata and 04 RX-8.

Anyone else notice the lackluster power of the 7's a/c? (scratch)

I live in Minnesota and it's been about 90 to 100 for the last week and it's working great... never turn it up past 2 on the fan control... usally on 1

Mine is plenty cold on 2 as well and it was in the high 80's low 90's. Also wasn't on recirc either.

Hmmm I always thought the A/C would blow colder if the HVAC was set on recirc instead of fresh. Maybe I'll try it on fresh and see if it blows colder.

It is in the high 90's here in Northern Virginia. I've been driving with mine on 2, and no recirc. Nice and chilly.

However, I park in a garage at home and at work.

I've noticed if I am parked in the sun, it seems to take forever to cool off the inside.

And on a side note, the owners manual mentions you should only be on Recirc if you encounter a dusty road, or the likes, and should turn it off as soon as you are clear.

va_cache said:
And on a side note, the owners manual mentions you should only be on Recirc if you encounter a dusty road, or the likes, and should turn it off as soon as you are clear.

Yet if you use the Auto function it stays in the recirc mode for quite a length of time. ???

I have noticed with the A/C off, and the fan on the air blowing in the cabin is considerably warmer than ambient. Anyone else notice this or care to give it a try? With the air ON however it blows chilly, so that's a non-issue.

Latest posts

Back