HID kit...drl disconnect?

Kojack

:
2007 5 GT "thing 5"
how do I go about getting the Day time running lights disconnected for the 5 and an HID kit

Kojack said:
how do I go about getting the Day time running lights disconnected for the 5 and an HID kit
use a relay. for the trigger wire, tap a line to the parking light wire so your HIDs come on with the parking lights.

search Mazda3forums.com, torontomazda3.com. good info there.

don't do something stupid like raise your parking brake one notch.

no no,

I wont be doing that. any way I can move the drl's to the hi beam and run lower voltage? or the fog lights?

MP5Alive said:
use a relay. for the trigger wire, tap a line to the parking light wire so your HIDs come on with the parking lights.

search Mazda3forums.com, torontomazda3.com. good info there.

don't do something stupid like raise your parking brake one notch.

I would appreciate it if you actually posted that info here instead of just posting other sites...Thanks!

here's a thread on this site:
http://msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87162

The diagram also uses a relay as in my original post but takes the trigger wire from the stock headlight harness. However, the computer sends a pulsing 12v current down the headlight harness that dims the lights for DRL - kinda like a dimmer switch (for incandescent filament bulbs only and not fluorescent or in this case Xenon gas). I'm guessing the capacitor "smooths" out the 12V current so your relay won't be fooled into switching off and on rapidly thus causing HID's to flicker.

Since the Mazda5 has many similarities to the Mazda3, browsing Mazda3-based forums might be a good idea.

Back