"Media" Button

CDT1240

Any info on this? The manual references to be used with Aux inputs but indicate these inputs are not standard but an accessory. I have not called my dealer on this yet because I know they will not be able to answer. So, looking for forum feedback...

02589 said:
My dealer told me that it was for the import models only. I guess they have a media slot? All I know is that it is useless to me.

My guess is it there is an extra proprietary input interface on the back of the unit that can be plugged in here. Up until now, many iPod or AUX mods made use of the Satelite input to function. It looks like Mazda has gotten smart and added a media input for 3rd party mod makers to use instead of making us choose satelite OR some other mod.

Mazda may have plans for this slot as well and they just aren't saying? At any rate. It can only be good news for us and future input mod developments.

The media button is for any of stereo acceccories like MP3 player or cassette deck.

Check this out!

Ford, GM, Mazda to see more iPod Integration

Apple has inked a deal with three major car manufacturers today to make it a bit easier to connect the iPod into car stereos. Apple has come to agreement with Ford, GM and Mazda to see that 70-percent of their 2007 model vehicles will offer some way of connecting iPods directly. The iPod integration seems to be as simple as a dock connection in the glove compartment. iPod control and navigation will be done through the already existing stereo controls. GM has already announced pricing regarding this issue. As early as October they will offer the iPod audio connection for $160 plus labor. I'll stick with my cheapy FM transmitter and 12V DC charger thank you very much. – Travis Hudson

but does this mean that the CX-7 is already capable of this expansion, or is this something that will be added to the later models?

I saw a iPOD interface option for CX-7 offers by Mazda USA, and will be available late this year. I guess it will utilize the MEDIA buttom!? Let's see

Yeah... I wish I knew that BEFORE I committed to the Tech/Nav package. Normally, I'd listen to my iPod about 95% of the time. I *hate* commercial radio and having a 6-disc changer is just a musical tease and a lot of thought to keep it fresh. Besides, you cannot "shuffle" randomly through all-6 CDs in the Nav/Bose system.

As I mentioned in another thread... I really, really, REALLY hope there's an iPod solution soon for us CX-7/Nav owners (other than those crappy FM transmitter solutions). I keep checking-back here in high-hopes.

:)

. . .

One thing you can do is burn 6 mp3 cds. That should give you maybe 50 - 60 or so albums to play with. Random still doesn't shuffle between disks, and it may not shuffle between folders either. So maybe you should have a few with albums separated into folders, and a few with all the tracks in the root folder so you can shuffle through them.

Back