Actual Boost Numbers?

Has anyone put a boost gauge on their car to see what boost levels they are getting. I know Mazda is advertising just under 16psi I am just wondering about real world numbers.

Black CX-7 said:
Has anyone put a boost gauge on their car to see what boost levels they are getting. I know Mazda is advertising just under 16psi I am just wondering about real world numbers.

read the same as you! 15.6 psi ??????. not sure if thats hyped up a bit or not!

CEW73 said:
read the same as you! 15.6 psi ??????. not sure if thats hyped up a bit or not!

The MS6's are putting up those numbers so there's no reason to think the CX-7 is not.

The intake is different, and I'm hearing that the turbo is different too. Wouldn't take the numbers for granted that they're the same.

The numbers indicate the advantage of direct injection for Mazda. The MAZDASPEED6 hits 274-hp at 5,500 rpm and the CX-7 powers out 244-hp at 5,000 rpm. The MAZDASPEED3 will crank out more than 250-hp.

Direct fuel injection enhances Mazda's Zoom-Zoom in several ways. It cools the intake charge and increases its density to build a bigger fire in the combustion chamber. Cool conditions also allow higher compression and extra turbo boost. In the case of Mazda's MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine, low- and mid-range torque is enhanced by 10-percent because of the 9.5:1 compression and expansion ratios.

Beyond 2,500 rpm, 15.6 psi of boost does an excellent job of stuffing the combustion chamber and ripping the power curve.

"quote"

Last edited:
Don't know for sure but I've been tempted to throw on the boost guage to find out. Also I hear from the Speed6 owners that the stock bypass valve tends to leak off boost so I was curious to see how bad ours is.

Back