Installing MS6 CAI -Help!!

Samdiver74

:
Mazda Speed 6 GT, Black Mica
I'm almost done installing the CAI for the Mazdaspeed6. The problem is the air filter is resting on the cooling coil in the wheel well. Does anyone know if this is going to cause a problem, or what that little coil is?

I have no idea what that coil is and I know that mine came very close, like a half inch.

What brand are you installing?

Have you checked all the connections to make sure that one (or more) aren't loose?

Is the air filter pushed all the way onto the intake tube?

Is the air filter the correct part number?? (Could be a packaging mistake)

Good luck

Are you talking about the Mazdaspeed CAI? Is it actually out yet? I talked to my dealer, but they said they didn't know when it was going to be out.

Yes, it's the Mazdaspeed CAI. I've done all the checking and rechecking of placement and made sure the filter is pushed all the way in. I've gotten it to where it just barely touches the coil so that's gonna have to do. I just didn't know if that thing got hot, or should I say, hot enough to cause damage to the filter. So far I haven't had any trouble.

Ok so now the system is in, Washed and waxed the car yesterday.
So I take the car for a spin up the road, and decide to get on it a little, well next thing you know it starts coughing and spluttering, throws a CEL and the traction control light flickers on and off about three times. Now bearing in mind the day before is was running really good.
Now what the hell is going on?
Did I get the filter wet and draw some moisture up into the intake?
at this point I have no idea but it could be possible.
So I go to discount Auto parts to get the code pulled.
P0103 MAF circuit high input ON 1 CCM
Now this was the whole reason why I paid extra to get the mazdaspeed CAI so as not to get a damn CEL and the unit is covered under warranty, but I guess that doesn't work.
So now I am at a loss anybody else have the same problems and if so how was it fixed. (The damn electronics on this car are too sensitive to changes)

Now I am probably going to have to take it back to the dealership, it was in last Friday getting it's first oil change, and also had the power loss issue addressed, even though we never had a problem with that.
The service manager pulled up my info on the computer and said there is a recall for your car.

Samdiver74 said:
Ok so now the system is in, Washed and waxed the car yesterday.
So I take the car for a spin up the road, and decide to get on it a little, well next thing you know it starts coughing and spluttering, throws a CEL and the traction control light flickers on and off about three times. Now bearing in mind the day before is was running really good.
Now what the hell is going on?
Did I get the filter wet and draw some moisture up into the intake?
at this point I have no idea but it could be possible.
So I go to discount Auto parts to get the code pulled.
P0103 MAF circuit high input ON 1 CCM
Now this was the whole reason why I paid extra to get the mazdaspeed CAI so as not to get a damn CEL and the unit is covered under warranty, but I guess that doesn't work.
So now I am at a loss anybody else have the same problems and if so how was it fixed. (The damn electronics on this car are too sensitive to changes)

Now I am probably going to have to take it back to the dealership, it was in last Friday getting it's first oil change, and also had the power loss issue addressed, even though we never had a problem with that.
The service manager pulled up my info on the computer and said there is a recall for your car.

Did you reset the ECU after the install?

ChicagoKid said:
If we unplug the battery for 15 mins or so, will this also reset the ECU??

Yup...just unhook the battery and then step on the brake a few times to drain power right away. Then hook it back up.

after you unhook the battery, is there a code you have to put for the radio, my eclipse was like that

buit9110 said:
after you unhook the battery, is there a code you have to put for the radio, my eclipse was like that

I had my battery out 2 times so far. I didn't have to enter any codes?

The more I hear about these cars the more it scares me. I have 8K on mine and about 4K of that with an AEM CAI and I haven't had any problems. (Knock on wood) I hope you can get this taken car of man. Good luck.

So far so good. After the reset, things seem to be going smooth. I'm still not sure what caused it, but I'm glad it hasn't come back.

Samdiver74 said:
I'm almost done installing the CAI for the Mazdaspeed6. The problem is the air filter is resting on the cooling coil in the wheel well. Does anyone know if this is going to cause a problem, or what that little coil is?

Do you mean this? Coil / heat sink? I do believe it is for the power steering.

Attachments

• Filter cooler line.jpg
    Filter cooler line.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 222
Toybiz
yeah I have since redone the install making sure all the hose clamps etc were tight and so forth, now the filter sits a little higher no longer have contact with the power steering heat sink.

Back