Anyone use(d) Ride-On tire sealant?

monsta

Contributor
:
06 5 Touring, 07 Sport
http://www.ride-on.com/

Doesn't have to be 5 specific. I just wanted some feedback.

I keep looking at the spare tire compartment thinking...boy wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have that spare in there? All the stuff I could carry! (alright)

monsta said:
http://www.ride-on.com/

Doesn't have to be 5 specific. I just wanted some feedback.

I keep looking at the spare tire compartment thinking...boy wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have that spare in there? All the stuff I could carry! (alright)

Yes, they work most of the time (make sure you read the dir, diff't makes, diff't dir as my ex girlfriend found out). Also, if you decide to get the tire fix by a shop, tell them you'd used the fix o flat (or whatever brand it was/is). Q? isn't the spare hidden from view, there isn't that much room down there either? Am I missing something?

I don't think we're talking about the same thing...

I wanted to make an ice chest out of that area. :)

How about runflats or self sealers? Somebody probably makes one in a size that would fit.

Ride-on is a self sealer. You add it to the tire and it will seal most intrusions less than a 1/4" in the tread area. There's a video on the site that shows a guy shooting the tire with a 9mm and then driving away.

Blow-outs suck. Most of the roads we travel on here do not have safe pull-outs. This stuff looks like a real lifesaver.

I was a tire guy for 5 years. Don't even think of adding anything to the inside of your tires. You will have balance issues. If it was so good, you would be hearing everyone talking about it and it would become common place. It is far from that. I have pulled so much of that crap out of peoples tires. Stay away from it!!

Apple Guy said:
I was a tire guy for 5 years. Don't even think of adding anything to the inside of your tires. You will have balance issues. If it was so good, you would be hearing everyone talking about it and it would become common place. It is far from that. I have pulled so much of that crap out of peoples tires. Stay away from it!!

Maybe we should buy the plugs and can of crap that comes with an RX8 or MX-5..... it's only$86.00 (omg)

AAA towing service, $51/year

Get a flat, call a sexy tow truck dood and have him tow you home or to a tire shop

Back