Fogs on with parking lights - right forum?

monsta

Contributor
:
06 5 Touring, 07 Sport
Not sure where this should go. Mods can move it to wherever. :)

I'd like my fogs to come on with my parking lights. I have an idea on how to wire it using relay but don't know from where and which way is the best.

Any thoughts?

Ken, sorry... I'm gonna hijack your thread for a second, but even you could probably answer this one for me. Going along the lines of lighting, does the USDM Mazda5 have DRL's? I know the Canadians do, because it's law up there. Sorry, this is a nitpick question that I could easily answer myself if only my 5 wasn't still sitting in pieces over in Hiroshima :p

And yes, I would like to know the answer to your question too about the fogs. I'm guessing it'll involve cutting and splicing some wires... but I guess that's obvious ;)

Get a fog light relay at autozone or somewhere. They usually sell just the relays where they have the fog lights. Wire the relay to activate when the parking lights come on by slicing into the (+) side of the parking light. Done!

No DRL's for US models.

Protege2ner, that's pretty obvious, bud. :D What I was looking for was best place to make that splice and if it is even needed. I know some vehicles is it a simple matter of connecting a jumper wire at the switch plug.

Guess, maybe I'll have to do some exploring! :)

Protege2ner said:
Get a fog light relay at autozone or somewhere. They usually sell just the relays where they have the fog lights. Wire the relay to activate when the parking lights come on by slicing into the (+) side of the parking light. Done!
there's probably 3 wires in the parking light since it doubles as a turn signal.

i've got HID lights on a relay being triggered by the stock headlight harness. DRL is wreaking havoc with my HIDs since the main headlights are used for the DRL. So i'm thinking of triggereing my relay using the parking light so the HIDs light up with the parking light.

DRL will thus be disabled. So I'll need a different solution for DRL. I'm thinking of running my fogs as my DRL.

Last edited:
Back