CX-7 accessories

nopstnz

:
99/00 Miata;04 RX-8; 07 CX-7
Hey guys:

Just got in the 7 parts I order last week from the dealer. Going to install my rear bumper guard, F/R splash guards and wheels locks.

Does anyone have the rear bumper guard? I don't think the F/R splash guard should be hard to install. I'll snap up some pics to show the new mods installed :)

Mine came with the splash guards and wheel locks, so I ordered the Moonroof Wind Deflector, Hood Bug Deflector, All Weather Floor Mats, Windshield Sunshield, and the Rear Bumper Guard.

Only the Moonroof Wind Deflector came in, so I just installed it. Took me about 5 minutes, only two screws. The hardest part was making sure the rubber skirt was not bunched.
The dealer wanted $40 labor to install it.

As I get the other parts in, I will let you all know how the self-install went.

Well tonite before we had to head over the MIL's for din-din, I installed the wheels locks (and torqued) on the wheels. I also installed the rear bumper guard. Took all but 10mins. Just had to figure out the 2 spacer things that attach to line up the guard correctly.

Here are a few pics of the bumper guard in place:

Attachments

• rear bumper guard 1.jpg
    rear bumper guard 1.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 274
  • rear bumper guard 2.jpg
    rear bumper guard 2.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 222
  • rear bumper guard 3.jpg
    rear bumper guard 3.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 217
va_cache said:
Mine came with the splash guards and wheel locks, so I ordered the Moonroof Wind Deflector, Hood Bug Deflector, All Weather Floor Mats, Windshield Sunshield, and the Rear Bumper Guard.

Only the Moonroof Wind Deflector came in, so I just installed it. Took me about 5 minutes, only two screws. The hardest part was making sure the rubber skirt was not bunched.
The dealer wanted $40 labor to install it.

As I get the other parts in, I will let you all know how the self-install went.
I really want to see your bug deflector when you get it.

Gotta install the F/R splash guards when the wife gets home with the 7 tomorrow nite. Anyone else have the splash guards that has installed a set or has some pics of theirs?

i suggest u pass on the wheel locks.. i had a set on my moms mazda 6, and one literrally cracked and broke while tying to screw it in.. and i didnt apply much pressure.. had to take to dealer so they can get off the remaining (of whats left of that cracked one).. and i have a set on my p5, have probelms getting them off cause the shape in the key got bent, and now it wont sit in the nut properly.. so i cant unscrew them.. gotta take them to dealer really soon

Va:

Yeah its just double-sided sticky tape and 2 spacers to install it properly. Took all but 10mins to install AFTER I figured out how the spacers actually went. :)

Va:

What did it take to install the sunroof deflector? The wife seemed interested in it when she saw one on another 7.

you just need a screwdriver. It has these hook things that hook into the opening in the roof, and then you tighten the scres on top a little and bam it's there. Don't use more pressure than you need to though, because it'll squeeze the paint and if you take it off way down the road you might notice a line there. I took mine off when I had around 25000 miles and yeah there's a noticeable imperfection in the paint there.

Just two phillips screws, and two brackets.
The brackets are hooked at the bottom, and go under a metal grove in the sunroof well.
The rubber skirt was the hardest part, as it will easily get bunched up underneath. But that is easy to fix.

Here is a diagram from the instruction sheet:

roof3.jpg

Back