cx-7 and problems

tomkit

I've driven 1,700 miles and have had no problems. Are there any older CX-7 owners with higher mileages? Have you had any problems?

check the Check Engine Light thread. I believe 3 folks have reported a check engine light caused by a "leaky detection pump" in the exhaust system, and 2 have reported a check engine light caused by a loose gas cap.

3100 miles and everything works like it's s'posed to.

no problem at...all !!! (beside the aftermarket hid kit I put in..sigh)

btw, I have ~2000 miles on it already

tomkit said:
I've driven 1,700 miles and have had no problems. Are there any older CX-7 owners with higher mileages? Have you had any problems?

Got 4,500 on my CX-7. Had an issue early with the check engine light, details in that thread. Fixed quickly, no other issues at all.

just bought last night, with 683 dealer driven miles. Drove to dinner and home after, no problems so far!

Got about 1600 miles on mine... half of those were put on by the dealer (kinda sucks but I got a decent deal). No problems so far, except I found the remote start doesn't work - it'll start the sequence but the car never starts. I'll ask about it the next time I'm at the dealer.

Remote start

Otto said:
Got about 1600 miles on mine... half of those were put on by the dealer (kinda sucks but I got a decent deal). No problems so far, except I found the remote start doesn't work - it'll start the sequence but the car never starts. I'll ask about it the next time I'm at the dealer.

The salesman showed me how they screwed up on that remote start...gotta get new chips for it or something...it's wrong. Dealer should know it needs to be redone. Good luck! If you hold it in the car it will work.....hee, hee.

1060mi in the 2 1/2 weeks my wife and I have had it.(eek2) No real problems to report but have had an issue with the IC experiencing heat soak a couple times while driving around town.

I just looked at the MAZDAUSA site, and the recommendation is 91 octane there for the CX-7. The MSP6 spec page recommends 93, with an asterisk footnote warning that 91 and 89 can be used mut may aggect performance.

Like I said, it doesn't make sense to me.

I believe I read somewhere that one of the reasons for the CX-7 having ~30 fewer HP than the MS6 is that it's tuned to run on 91 octane fuel. Compression may be the same, but the boost is lower on the CX-7, I believe.

Anyway, the manual clearly states the it requires a 91 octane so a 92 should be fine. If you get a lot of detonation, I'd recommend taking the car to the dealer. Also, make sure to buy gas from reputable gas stations.

Back