low RPM question

tomkit

I know the CX-7 engine is a tuned Mazdaspeed engine to deliver more power at lower RPMs. But often times when I am starting off from a full stop, and keep my foot at a constant level on the gas pedal, it seems like the engine over-delivers and I have to let go of the gas pedal in order to stop it from accelerating too quickly. I do not know if this is turbo lag or if it's just because the engine over-revs at gears 1 to 3.

Any other CX-7 owners experience this?

Me too, I think it's the computer and the turbo lag. I think that the computer is too conservative off the line, that's why I cant wait for a pragrammer!

i got similar issues. seems sluggish 'till i get to 2500 rpm - then turbo kicks in and ZOOM. It makes it hard to get a smooth even start. It's also kinda inconsistent. Some 1st gear starts are quicker than others. If it only goes back to second gear (and you gotta look to see) it's got a more pronounced lag then.

Thats what happens when you make boost.

Weird complaint "My car overdelivers, I have to let off the gas a bit to not over acceletrate" I wish I had your troubles, I keep spending more money to make my car go faster.

Normally complaints about turbo lad are, "Shes slugish untill XXXX rpms then she gives power"

Back