5 Sport pics

New owner, wanted to share some initial pics. It's raining here so pardon the look. Love this vehicle!

Gerry

Attachments

• Mazda 5 pics 001.jpg
    Mazda 5 pics 001.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 359
  • Mazda 5 pics 002.jpg
    Mazda 5 pics 002.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Mazda 5 pics 003.jpg
    Mazda 5 pics 003.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Mazda 5 pics 004.jpg
    Mazda 5 pics 004.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Mazda 5 pics 005.jpg
    Mazda 5 pics 005.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 255
Looking good! (...and wet) (yes)

While I'm still satisfied that I ordered a Whitewater, that Platinum Silver has really grown on me.

5-4-fighting said:
New owner, wanted to share some initial pics. It's raining here so pardon the look. Love this vehicle!

Gerry

Gotta like that Platinum Silver - Nice Gerry!!

Can you give me some details on that rack you got?
Make, model, cost, how its installed....

mazdaFIVEmike said:
Gotta like that Platinum Silver - Nice Gerry!!

Can you give me some details on that rack you got?
Make, model, cost, how its installed....

Sure Mike, it's from Perrycraft: Load bars are the Mont Blanc, roof rails are Dyna Sport. Including shipping it was $305.00. Self installed in minutes and it looks and works great. The load bars from Mazda (if at all available) were $350.00. These are much more versatile.

Gerry

Oh yes great shots and welcome. Please highlite us on the installation process. Is this blind rivetted to the roof?

Zoom5Zoom said:
Oh yes great shots and welcome. Please highlite us on the installation process. Is this blind rivetted to the roof?

Hardware included was wax dipped screws that are fastened into (cringe), the sheet metal of the roof. The wax makes a very tight seal, I presume. First you pre-drill 1/8" pilot holes. Piece of cake install took me maybe 15 mins. Funny thing was as son as I installed the rails and bars, it started to rain. So far no leaks! I originally wanted to mount them on top of the factory plastic flat rails, but the new rails wouldn't lay flat. What started all this was I wanted the Mazda rack, but at $350.00 just for the rack, I decided to research a bit. Actually my wife did all the research and found Perrycraft.
You'll notice I installed them just inside the factory flat rails. Fit well and looks great IMO.

looks great but i'm cringing already at the sound of drill bit penetrating roof. (omg)

i'm also worried about structural integrity, lateral forces, etc, etc.

Brandywine

MP5Alive said:
looks great but i'm cringing already at the sound of drill bit penetrating roof. (omg)

I tried to buy mine from Brandywine but found they were not to anxious. I ended up at Martin in Newark but work in Exton so Brandywine will be my home for service (I Think)

Oh BTW, Congratulations!

MP5Alive said:

Have no fear it went as planned per the insructions. I also installed a rear deck lid spoiler on my M45. That was very tricky, but using the template hepled alot.

One note on drilling is to have a NEW drill bit and a short one no longer that 1 inch long. Don't worry about coming through the headliner, there is plenty of space in between it and the roof! Hint: Put a drop of silicone on the hole once drilled, for added sealing once the screw is installed. So far we've had 2 rainstorms, and no leaks!

Install looks great. I was looking at this setup several months ago but was worried that I would have to remove the headliner to ensure that the install did not interfere with the side curtain airbags. See attached picture. MAZDA5_2005_087.jpgI ended up going with the Mazda rack which is actually a good rack, just too narrow.

Last edited:
Wow! That's a cool pic! I can now see why they don't put storage pockets on the sliding doors.

5-4-fighting said:
Sure Mike, it's from Perrycraft: Load bars are the Mont Blanc, roof rails are Dyna Sport. Including shipping it was $305.00. Self installed in minutes and it looks and works great. The load bars from Mazda (if at all available) were $350.00. These are much more versatile.

Gerry

Thanks. I'm not sure I could take the drill to the roof though. Yikes!!

mazdaFIVEmike said:
Thanks. I'm not sure I could take the drill to the roof though. Yikes!!

Actually the screws only penetrate the roof by about 3/8", enought to grab hold, and not enough to do any damage to the internals!

Back