03 Mazda6 Foglights

MorganK

:
2003 mazda 6s
I have an 03 mazda 6 with the sport package. I looked on the dealer website to see if i could get foglights as an add on, but apparently you cant put foglights in if you have the sport package. Can anyone tell me why that is, or if you have put foglights on your mazda?

MorganK said:
Can anyone tell me why that is, or if you have put foglights on your mazda?

You have a pair of foglights. They're integrated into the headlight cluster (2nd light from the right in the picture below). IIRC US DOT regs stipulate that a car sold in the USDM can only have one pair of foglights.

lightcluster.jpg

There is such a thing as sport bumper fogs.
I got them on my 2004 M6S Hatch.....:)

---Aloha

Bigbaddad said:
There is such a thing as sport bumper fogs.
I got them on my 2004 M6S Hatch.....:)

---Aloha

Mahalo, Bigbaddad. +1 karma :)

I forgot about those. IIRC Those are only available from the aftermarket? I recall Jinsu sells these for the 03-05 sport bumper only.

I also recall that for the '06 models and up, Mazda moved the fogs to the bumper and capped off where the fog was integrated into the headlight.

Raynman said:

I forgot about those. IIRC Those are only available from the aftermarket? I recall Jinsu sells these for the 03-05 sport bumper only.

I also recall that for the '06 models and up, Mazda moved the fogs to the bumper and capped off where the fog was integrated into the headlight.
(2thumbs) (yes)

Raynman said:

I couldn't figure the whats and whys of Mazda packaging. My old Mazda6s 5 door had the lights integrated into the headlamp assembly, and I was happy.

Then three months ago when I went shopping, I couldn't get the front lip, integrated fog lights, ground effects, or anything. It was like the car had lost its attitude.

Wound up giving up and getting the CX.

BTW - can anybody tell me why Bose and Moonroof are and always have been combined into one package?

G-Papi said:
BTW - can anybody tell me why Bose and Moonroof are and always have been combined into one package?

Maybe I'm a bit too cynical but it's Mazda way of forcing you into spending more money IMHO. Furthermore, it's not just Mazda. The trend can be seen in other auto manufacturers as well.

G-Papi said:

The MS6 comes standard with BOSE and the moonroof is a seperate option.

Glad to know that, but was curious about why Mazda made that kind of connection in the first place. Like I could understand auto seats, and seat warmers, or something like that. What's the connection between moonroof and Bose ~ no speakers up there?????

G-Papi said:
What's the connection between moonroof and Bose ~ no speakers up there?????

There's no mechanical/electrical connection, except the fact that packaged option means more money for the manufacturer. :/

Raynman said:
There's no mechanical/electrical connection, except the fact that packaged option means more money for the manufacturer. :/
(stupid)
Check out this link to my garage on another forum board.
Look at "Sport bumper fogs", and "MPV fog light switch"
You'll see how much manufacturers really wants you to spend, if you want, what you really want.
I live in Hawaii!!! What the hell do I need "Seat Warmers" for?
If anything, I wanna cool my ass off (cool)!!!

---Aloha

Back