Auto lock feature

How does one turn on the auto lock feature for the advanced keyless systen on the ms6 gt?

I see it mentioned in the manual. but no mention of how to do it.

I want to know too. Dealer told me it can only be done at the dealer using their computer????? Might be just BS... trying to make me spend money.

that is what I am wondering. is it really something they have to do? or is it a sequence of things that we can ourselves?

No it states in the manual that the dealer has to do it. Unfortunately not all mazdaspeed techs know how to do it just yet and mine told me it would be a few hour wait for him to figure it out so i said nevermind. They actually questioned why i would want it do in case i lock my keys in the car....gettin involved where they have no business i tell ya. Anyhow you shouldn't pay anything to get it done since your car is under warranty and its only something the dealer can do. After I realized you can lock the door with the button on the door I wasn't worried about the autolocking any longer.

Refresh me. Auto lock is when you reach X mph or x mins or secs after you close all doors and walk away?

it is when you get out of the car, have the key fob in your pocket, and when you reach the right distance, the car does not sense the key fob any more and locks the doors.

From what I have read, this is not the autolock feature that you would see on pontiac's and other american cars where the doors autolock when your are inside the car or stick it into drive. That is annoying as hell and complete garbage.

The only advantage to the ms6 one is that you don't have to manually lock the doors when you get out. Lazy yes, but if you have a woman that forgets to lock the doors all the time it can be useful.

Is there any sort of computer hook up so that you could change the setting from the computer and wouldn't have to get a dealer involved?

Is it auto-unlock also? or do you still have to press the button on the door handle to unlock?

What is the distance you have to be for it to work? The reason I ask is because my key hanger inside the door of my condo is only 20-30ft from the car.

I just had it turned on and it's kind of a PITA. When you get out of the car, it will beep when it sensed the key is out of the car, like standing by the door after you close it. Then, after the car beeps, if you get about 10 feet from the car, the lights flash and it beeps again and is locked. The reason I say it's a pain, is because in my attatched garage, 20 feet from the key, it's now always locked and just far enough out of range that the request buttons don't work, so I have to go back to the house and get the key if I need something out of the car... sounds minor, but it's taking some getting used to.

question from an MS6 sport owner:

anyway to disable the auto-relock after remote unlocking? for those of you who don't know what i'm asking, if you unlock the doors remotely and DON'T open a door within 30 seconds, it automatically relocks the doors.

the auto-lock feature takes literally 5 minutes to do.

it involves hooking up to the obdII port and running a program. once up you tab over (cant remember tab name) and autolock feature will be there. tehn all you do is change it to on and its done.

takes longer to get the car in and out of the bay... lol.

Back