Mazdaspeed6 turbo timer

CrashAdamP

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
has any one put an hks or any kind of turbo timer on there ms6 yet. if so, are u able to still lock ur doors while the timer is on since u cant lock the door while it is still running?

Why do you want to install a turbo timer on a watercooled turbo? Except for the "cool factor" it's not necessary.

ottawaP5 said:
Are you guys saying it's not necessary to let the engine idle after driving?

well depends. if you beat the s*** out of your car let it cool down for like a minute max. but for regular driving no never!!

i was just wondering, some asked me to put one in for them and he had that question. didnt know they were watercooled. are the msproteges also watercooled or just the ms6?

CrashAdamP said:
i was just wondering, some asked me to put one in for them and he had that question. didnt know they were watercooled. are the msproteges also watercooled or just the ms6?

The MSP's are also watercooled.

Dim said:
Wow, so why are people even bothering with turbo timers?

I used one on my turbo'd MP3, but I didn't have the water lines hooked up. I know a lot of the suby guy's use them too, and they're watercooled as well. I guess people want to let it cool just to be safer.....I don't know.

If you read in the manual mazda recommends that you let it idle after driving at highway speeds for extended periods of time. Not sure what their idea of extended is but they do recommend to let it warm up and to let it cool or else it may get damaged. Dont know if its true or they just want to really play it safe on their part so they dont have to replace any turbos.

I installed a Greddy timer last week. It has the added feature of recording lap time which is great for track event. The timer is installed inside the coin tray so it is hidden from plain view. Door lock works while the timer is on.

Last edited:
i know im bringing this post back from the dead, but...

i used the turbo timer on my evo more as a WARM UP tool then a cool down tool. it was just cheaper then trying to get a whole new alarm with remote start. get in, put 10 min on the timer, and head back inside. i dont want to leave my keys in the car. just a thought.

but im still looking for a harness for a turbo timer.
i really want a blitz duel...

Back