Rear View Mirror

chrisvong

:
Mazda CX-7 Sport Icy Blue
I really need some help here...
I tried and tried and tried and tried...and I still can't get the OEM rear view mirror out (coz I wanna install the auto dimming one)
Did anyone try to remove the rear view mirror ? Any tricks ?
Thanks a LOT...

PS. I know how to install the auto dimming mirror but the stupid thing is I DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE THE STOCK ONE OUT...sigh

My MSP mirror wouldn't come off so I went to a place that does sunroofs, tint, and other car mods. He just used brute force (and a little blood) and it slid off. I tried for a few hours and gave up. The new mirror went on real easy however.

chrisvong said:
I really need some help here...
I tried and tried and tried and tried...and I still can't get the OEM rear view mirror out (coz I wanna install the auto dimming one)
Did anyone try to remove the rear view mirror ? Any tricks ?
Thanks a LOT...

What mirror did you use for the autodimming replacement?

Is there a compatible jack in the headliner for your wiring?

I wish I had this problem. We ordered one of the dealer accessories: the auto-dimming, HomeLink rear view mirror. The dealer installed this last week. Anyways, we took the CX-7 for one of our first road trip and on the way home I went to readjust the position of the mirror accessory. I wasn't sure why it was out of position, as only I drove that trip. Anyways, when I adjusted the mirror, it came right off the windshield. The flange that holds the mirror in place seems rather flimsy and had cracked a piece off.

So, a quick trip to a store open on Sunday for duct tape was necessary to allow me to drive home. I will let you know whether the replacement is any better. I am worried that I may need to go back to the standard RV mirror.

G-Papi said:
Is there a compatible jack in the headliner for your wiring?
How are you guys wiring up the new mirror? I want to buy one to but not sure how to wire it up. I cant believe buying my x with the tech package it doesnt have one already (glare)

Last edited:
chasmanz28 said:
How are you guys wiring up the new mirror? I want to buy one to but not sure how to wire it up. I cant believe buying my x with the tech package it doesnt have one already (glare)

Just push the wires into the headliner near the center of the windshield (stick your fingers in between gently and the gap will open up a little bit). Next, run the wires down the drivers side "A" Piller or whichever side is closer to the fuse box. The other wire will go thru the firewall for the thermometer, if it has one. The instructions will outline it clearly. No problem.

do you guys still need help with those mirrors because i know how to do them. i actually work as an accesory installer at one of mazdas ports.

madeinmexico805 said:
do you guys still need help with those mirrors because i know how to do them. i actually work as an accesory installer at one of mazdas ports.
A new thread giving a "how to" in the HOW TO subforum would be nice.:D

madeinmexico805 said:
is the cx-7 prewired under the headliner for this install? or do you have to supply your own power to the mirror

chasmanz28 said:
is the cx-7 prewired under the headliner for this install? or do you have to supply your own power to the mirror
no they are not pre wired but if you buy the mazda mirror, it comes with a harnes that has a connector for the mirror on one side and blade type connectors and ground strap for you to tap into the cables in the driver side kick panel area. look at the how-to i wrote for more details

Back