What Mods have you done or planned on CX-7?

G-Papi

:
'07 Mazda6s Grand Touring Automatic 5D Tropical Island Blue
OK guys, with a new model this is virgin territory.

Some mods will probably apply from MS6, and there's probably new ground to cover.

What mods have you done - or are you planning to do with your CX-7?

Here'san easy one....

G-Papi said:
OK guys, with a new model this is virgin territory.

Some mods will probably apply from MS6, and there's probably new ground to cover.

What mods have you done - or are you planning to do with your CX-7?

Remove any stickers or plastic license plate holders from the dealer!!:)
There are CX7 dash kits available. How about cool B pillar pieces in piano black with the CX7 logo. I did this to my RX8 and love it....I hope someone makes them. Or a silver(chrome color) strip across the front lower air dam? Hmmmmm................(RTM)

Dealer tag frame went on day of delivery.

Dealer label went today.

Any lowering thoughts?

explain...

Please tell me what each mod does and approx. cost...I am a woman and don't know all the mechanics and may want to do this to my car. K&N filter...more power?? Thanks guys!!! Would love to know more....

K&N = more power, possibly better gas mileage.

I had an old friend from Algonquin. How's the town been lately? 31 still a PITA?

You're really only going to notice a blow-off valve mod on a manual transmission car. Automatics don't really have a need to release turbo pressure that fast.

Lord Zath....

Lord_Zath said:
K&N = more power, possibly better gas mileage.

I had an old friend from Algonquin. How's the town been lately? 31 still a PITA?
Thanks for the input...Oh, 31 is still a pain but Algonquin rd. is much better.....4 lanes up to Randall Rd. Randall Road is a booming area here....we have just about everything here now. New towhomes on the river, new river walk area, new fountain and tower soon to open right at the river. It's really nice. Time to see your friend or are they no longer in the area???

stangmatt66 said:
You're really only going to notice a blow-off valve mod on a manual transmission car. Automatics don't really have a need to release turbo pressure that fast.

My friend's WRX was auto and the BOV was just as noticeable.

cruzdreamer said:
Thanks for the input...Oh, 31 is still a pain but Algonquin rd. is much better.....4 lanes up to Randall Rd. Randall Road is a booming area here....we have just about everything here now. New towhomes on the river, new river walk area, new fountain and tower soon to open right at the river. It's really nice. Time to see your friend or are they no longer in the area???

Glad to hear they fixed Algonquin Rd... No, my friend's not there anymore. It was a beautiful place to live though!

azms6 said:
Thus far, I've added a drop-in K&N panel filter + gutted the airbox.

DO YOU MEAN REMOVE THAT RESINATOR FLAP ON THE BOTTOM!? WELL THATS WHERE IT WAS IN MY 6. ID LIKE TO DO THAT AS WELL.
p.s. sorry for the caps

I took off the dealer tag and I painted my callipers red. Now I would like to change the wheels for 19''. Does somebody know what profile height and treadwidth I should get to keep the same diameter that I have with now.

Does somebody else planned to change the wheels on the cx-7?

PAA said:

Unfortunately, my dealership's general manager put some hideous chrome wheels on his CX-7 demo. They're 18s but they are just terrible looking. Chrome wheels + CX-7 = ghetto bling.

I really want to see RX-8 wheels on the CX-7. They look amazing on every other car I see them on, like my brother's '00 Millenia S, and a Mazda 6 S hatch that was traded in a while back at the dealership.

I don't think the wheels have to be bigger, rather the CX-7 should be a tad shorter, like an Eibach Pro-kit type of hieght.

PAA said:
I took off the dealer tag and I painted my callipers red. Now I would like to change the wheels for 19''. Does somebody know what profile height and treadwidth I should get to keep the same diameter that I have with now.

Heres a chopped pic someone did of mine!(shocked)
just chopped, think there 20"s
good luck

Attachments

• chopped 7.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,031
Please tell me what each mod does and approx. cost...I am a woman and don't know all the mechanics and may want to do this to my car. K&N filter...more power?? Thanks guys!!! Would love to know more....

Based upon my first-hand experience with my Mazdaspeed6, a panel K&N filter will not gain much of any power increase with the CX-7, but will add 1 to 2 MPG. The cost was around $40.
DO YOU MEAN REMOVE THAT RESINATOR FLAP ON THE BOTTOM!? WELL THATS WHERE IT WAS IN MY 6. ID LIKE TO DO THAT AS WELL.
p.s. sorry for the caps
Yep...

HID <- I got a sport model
Mud guard
auto dimming rear view mirror
may be more to come......

CEW73 said:
p.s. sorry for the caps

Does removing the flap increase efficiency, like HP, or mileage?

azms6 said:
Based upon my first-hand experience with my Mazdaspeed6, a panel K&N filter will not gain much of any power increase with the CX-7, but will add 1 to 2 MPG. The cost was around $40.

OK, sorry to be an idiot, but I really don't know anything about cars, but the K&N filter sounds interesting, and I read that one of the best things you can to increase mileage is adding a high flow air filter.

So, can I just take my car someplace and buy one and have them put it in? If I need to buy it myself, what size do I need?

Thanks.

Back