No test drives & $3000 markup

stangmatt66

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 & 2005 Toyota Prius
Hey all, I stopped by Claremont Mazda here in Southern California to take a look at the CX-7. Needless to say, I was only allowed to sit in it. All the shift knobs had been removed from all the CX-7s (the result of people stealing them) and the dealership was not allowing test drives. They were also installing lojack on each CX-7 and marking them up $3000. Shame.

stangmatt66 said:
stopped by Claremont Mazda here in Southern California they were marking them up $3000. Shame.
Inventories of CX-7's are now getting quite plentiyful here in So Cal.
Browning in Cerritos has 42 in stock, and Hunntington Beach has 17 in stock.
I got mine at Browning at $900 off MSRP on 5/30/06, I'm sure they would do better now. I have taken test drives at, Norco, Tustin, and Browning. I think you just found a bum dealer. My wife is very happy with the CX-7 and I'm keeping the RX-8. Double Zoom Zoom!!

stangmatt66 said:
Hey all, I stopped by Claremont Mazda here in Southern California to take a look at the CX-7. Needless to say, I was only allowed to sit in it. All the shift knobs had been removed from all the CX-7s (the result of people stealing them) and the dealership was not allowing test drives. They were also installing lojack on each CX-7 and marking them up $3000. Shame.

AHAH. I was about to post the same thing! I'm here in La Jolla and was at the claremont dealership. What garbage. I freakin' hate those guys. Needless to say I'm getting mine up north.

____
CX-7

i WOULDN'T BUY FROM A DEALER LIKE THAT. tHEY AIN'T DOING YOU A FAVOR BY SELLING TO YOU. gO TO SOMEBODY WHO RESPECTS YOU.

We got our CX-7 GT on 6/9 from Irvine Mazda. We went through their internet sales dept and got $1400 off from sticker.

The local dealer here in Bakersfield wanted a 3k markup too. I offered them sticker for it, and was told "No!".. So next day I drove down to Irvine and saved $1400. Their loss for being greedy.

alot of dealerships put mark ups on when a new vechile comes out, but after it cools down they wanna blow them out like crazy, you should be able to get 1000-1400 off for a cx-7 now with no problem, last one I did was abour 300 over invoice.

I actually had a penominal deal set up on a CX7 sport with the tech package, but the guy couldnt find the car. They had told me 4 to maybe 8 weeks, which I was cool with, so I put down a deposit. Next day, they called me and told me 16 weeks, and the manager actually had the nerve to tell me that he told me this in person. So i bought the car without the tech package the next day.

Do not go to the dealer in Danbury, CT. I wasted 3 weeks of my life with those jerkoffs. I went to Lodi, Nj and had the opposite experience - everything was fantastic.

The latest Automotive News shows days supply at 119 days, which is very high. It should be possible to get a very good deal.

Dealers that initially refused test drives and marked them up above sticker generated a lot of ill will for no good reason. They did this with the MazdaSpeed6 around here. Now there are plenty on dealer lots.

Remember them and when inventories get filled, (as they ultimately will) buy elsewhere.

didnt mean to jack this post but I can basically hook member from this board up with about 100-300 over invoice on the CX-7, sorryif this wcause any inconvience.

Ourisman Mazda in Laurel were very nice and very willing to negotiate. I spoke with the internet development manager there. Unfortunately, she couldn't get exactly what I wanted, so I started faxing out request for quotes to the dealers who were getting it. Whitten Brothers in Richmond (about 100 miles from the DC area) gave me a deal for invoice, and I bought the car from them. They also seemed to have at least 3 x the number of vehicles as any dc area dealer did at the time.

I think the volume dealers get shipments based on volum,e of previous sales of other Mazda models. I know that my local dealership sells a pitiful number, and I think he got his first CX-7 last week or so.

cmourikis said:
I actually had a penominal deal set up on a CX7 sport with the tech package, but the guy couldnt find the car. They had told me 4 to maybe 8 weeks, which I was cool with, so I put down a deposit. Next day, they called me and told me 16 weeks, and the manager actually had the nerve to tell me that he told me this in person. So i bought the car without the tech package the next day.

Do not go to the dealer in Danbury, CT. I wasted 3 weeks of my life with those jerkoffs. I went to Lodi, Nj and had the opposite experience - everything was fantastic.

I too am in Danbury, CT and have been watching Colonial Mazda's inventory. I'm interested in the GT AWD w/ Tech package, just can't decide on Copper Red or Black Cherry... haven't seen the Black Cherry yet. Anyway, I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the 3 weeks wasted with Colonial Mazda and why you didn't go to one of the other CT dealers versus going to Lodi, NJ.

I got my CX-7 (AWD GT w/Tech Package) from Galpin Mazda in Van Nuys, CA. Daniel Fox (my salesman) went to the Thousand Oaks dealer to trade cars so he could sell me the car I wanted. Markup? No test drives? Ridiculous!

Those in So. Cal, talk to Danel @ Galpin. I have NEVER heard of ANYONE having anything negative to say about any Galpin dealership.

My $0.02 worth...

Michael Rudy
Los Angeles

Interested?

bechhead said:
didnt mean to jack this post but I can basically hook member from this board up with about 100-300 over invoice on the CX-7, sorryif this wcause any inconvience.

How's that....tell us more....thanks...

snorris said:
haven't seen the Black Cherry yet.
I picked up my Black Cherry with tan interior GT last Wednesday. The color is really chameleon-like - from far away, it looks black, but when you get close, the burgandy comes out (like a merlot wine).

When it's in my garage at night with the overhead light on, it looks bronze-ish.

I love it. (cool)

Mike

Back