I give up are there any MS6 ECU mod's out there!!!!

jdub260

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6 Sport
I've been looking for days and the only chip I can find is the unichip.

Has anybody found any Chips/Programmers/Computers for the MS6 or are there any in progress to report about.

1) CP-E Turbo Back System (When they get it ready)
2) ECU Upgrade
3) Eibach SportLine Springs (and some Camber Plates)(maybe new shocks and struts)(and new brake pads probably hawk)
4) Wheels and Tires

A BOV may land in there somewhere but right now I don't think so.
Money is the limiting factor....as always.

Last edited:
jdub260 said:
2) ECU Upgrade
3) Eibach SportLine Springs (and some Camber Plates)(maybe new shocks and struts)(and new brake pads probably hawk)
4) Wheels and Tires

ok cool . u can start off by putting a boost controler, im at 20 psi and i even added a fuel cut defender and it works great . i put the sportline eibach they are very good. the ECU upgrade i will wait till they come out with something good. and the downpipe i cant stop waiting . i want it (ughdance)

p5freek said:
ok cool . u can start off by putting a boost controler, im at 20 psi and i even added a fuel cut defender and it works great . i put the sportline eibach they are very good. the ECU upgrade i will wait till they come out with something good. and the downpipe i cant stop waiting . i want it (ughdance)
Whats your 1/4 mile time with 20psi? and can you tell a real differance in performance? Dynoed?

jcgemt2003 said:
Whats your 1/4 mile time with 20psi? and can you tell a real differance in performance? Dynoed?

never tried at 20psi at the track. yes there is a really big difference. but i usuallu keep it at 17 for the daily drive, but it stays at 16-17psi all the way to 7k rpm so it is very good. and no i didnt went on the dyno with it.

jdub260 said:
2) ECU Upgrade
4) Wheels and Tires

You are starting in the COMPLETE wrong place...

1. Eibach springs are crapp, they are designed for the regular 6 and your car is actually going to handle worse... remember the MS6 is 500 pounds heavier than the Mazda 6i which they were intended for....

2. There are no camber plates for the MS6 and there never will be, this is not that type of suspension.... rear camber is already adjustable, and front can only be adjusted with some custom adjustable a-arms (there should be some of these made soon...

For the ECU upgrade, yes it will definately help, can't disagree with you there, I have heard UniChip has a Speed6 ready for tuning...

Adding a Boost controller giving 19-20 PSI to redline has been done, I can't deny that, but if you look at the flow charts of the exact turbo from Borg Warner you are taking the turbo completely out of its efficiency and in some cases make actually be LOSING power...

My ideas for you :)

1. The CP-E turboback is a great idea, I can't wait to get a catless one, but once again we need some tuning...
2. The only springs designed for the Speed6 that are actually decent are the AutoEXE springs, member Fedinand has them...
3. Wheels and tires help any car, I have 18x8 RX8 wheels on mine with 235/40/18 Falken Azenis and the car drives very well...

Not sure if you have an intake yet but that is definately the first place to start, second only to a good boost gauge... an essential in any forced induction application...

Wiggum said:
You are starting in the COMPLETE wrong place...

1. Eibach springs are crapp, they are designed for the regular 6 and your car is actually going to handle worse... remember the MS6 is 500 pounds heavier than the Mazda 6i which they were intended for....

2. There are no camber plates for the MS6 and there never will be, this is not that type of suspension.... rear camber is already adjustable, and front can only be adjusted with some custom adjustable a-arms (there should be some of these made soon...

For the ECU upgrade, yes it will definately help, can't disagree with you there, I have heard UniChip has a Speed6 ready for tuning...

Adding a Boost controller giving 19-20 PSI to redline has been done, I can't deny that, but if you look at the flow charts of the exact turbo from Borg Warner you are taking the turbo completely out of its efficiency and in some cases make actually be LOSING power...

My ideas for you :)

1. The CP-E turboback is a great idea, I can't wait to get a catless one, but once again we need some tuning...
2. The only springs designed for the Speed6 that are actually decent are the AutoEXE springs, member Fedinand has them...
3. Wheels and tires help any car, I have 18x8 RX8 wheels on mine with 235/40/18 Falken Azenis and the car drives very well...

Not sure if you have an intake yet but that is definately the first place to start, second only to a good boost gauge... an essential in any forced induction application...

ok my friend , let me tell you. i have the eibach suspension and the handling is amazing and YES they are for the mazdaspeed 6. my car is dropped 2 inch. i have my car with a turbosmart boost controller at 17-18 psi daily drive till 7000rpm and let me tell you that the turbo is pushing till the end . u dont feel no power loss like in the stock boost that falls at 5500rpm.

u are right about the camber kits and stuff , but to start off for a good budget , a cold air intake , manual boost controller , exhaust cutout (if you wanna keep your ride quite on the street and loud at the track)

p5freek said:
ok my friend , let me tell you. i have the eibach suspension and the handling is amazing and YES they are for the mazdaspeed 6. my car is dropped 2 inch. i have my car with a turbosmart boost controller at 17-18 psi daily drive till 7000rpm and let me tell you that the turbo is pushing till the end . u dont feel no power loss like in the stock boost that falls at 5500rpm.

u are right about the camber kits and stuff , but to start off for a good budget , a cold air intake , manual boost controller , exhaust cutout (if you wanna keep your ride quite on the street and loud at the track)

Let me tell you something my friend...

EIBACH THEMSELVES SAID ALL THEY DID FOR THE MAZDASPEED6 SPRINGS WAS USE THE REGULAR SPRINGS...

They are not appropriate at all for the car, they do not take into account the weight added to the rear, and will eat you stock shocks in less than 10K miles from riding on bump stops...

I NEVER SAID THE TURBO COULD NOT GO TO 7000 RPM's.... all I said was Borg-Warner and anyone else with any turbocharger experience will tell you its a HORRIBLE idea and you are doing more damage than good...

There is a reason the PCM opens the wastegate at such an early RPM, Mazda knows the turbo WILL have problems...

p5freek said:
ok my friend , let me tell you. i have the eibach suspension and the handling is amazing and YES they are for the mazdaspeed 6.

Wiggum is right. It has already been discussed. Check out Mazda6club for more info.

BlueSolrac said:
Wiggum is right. It has already been discussed. Check out Mazda6club for more info.

im not saying that you are wrong but i have them on my car and they are great the springs. and if the shock dies then warranty here i come ;)!! when u are friends with the owner of a mazda dealership u can do and try alot of stuff on the car. i will go and dyno my car for what u are saying about the turbo. its been 7 years that i drive turbo modified cars.
rx-7 twin turbo 93 . protege 5 turbo(gt28rs) / nitro , and now mazdaspeed 6

i believe what you say is good for the safety because when they made that car the new that more mature people will buy it like in the 40's plus so imagine the boost pushing all the way till 7000k !!! u guys have to think about the confort of the car . it cannot be brutal stock , they have to make some sort of smoothness. u guys should try it!! a boost controller is not even a 100$ and install is another 100$ at the most. u will believe me then!!
i will even tell u how to install it

p5freek said:
im not saying that you are wrong but i have them on my car and they are great the springs. and if the shock dies then warranty here i come ;)!! when u are friends with the owner of a mazda dealership u can do and try alot of stuff on the car. i will go and dyno my car for what u are saying about the turbo. its been 7 years that i drive turbo modified cars.
rx-7 twin turbo 93 . protege 5 turbo(gt28rs) / nitro , and now mazdaspeed 6

i believe what you say is good for the safety because when they made that car the new that more mature people will buy it like in the 40's plus so imagine the boost pushing all the way till 7000k !!! u guys have to think about the confort of the car . it cannot be brutal stock , they have to make some sort of smoothness. u guys should try it!! a boost controller is not even a 100$ and install is another 100$ at the most. u will believe me then!!
i will even tell u how to install it

First off, there is not a single company on gods green earth that will warranty shock wear over an extended period of time due to lowering springs, I don't care who you know they have to send it into Mazda... who also reads all these boards...

If you have been into turbo's for a long time then you know what a flow chart looks like...

This is taken from another member on Mazda6Club...

If you plot a K04 map on stock MS6 boost the turbo is already godawful close to the choke line. A few psi more and you will stall the compressor. The turbo will create buttloads of turbulence and heat and you will most likely loose horsepower.

ACTUAL compressor map for a K04 turbo.

k04-0025.jpg

Pressure ratio is calclulated by Absolute pressure/Atmospheric Pressure or 15.7 PSI+ 14.7 PSI/14.7 PSI

CFM need is...

CFM = (L x RPM x VE x Pr)/5660

CFM= (2.3 x 6500 x 90 x 2.068)/ 5660

CFM= 491.6

This is the minimum the turbo must flow with an engine with a 90% VE to HOLD 15.7 PSI to 6500 RPM.

As you can see at a pressure ratio of 2.068 the turbo is RIGHT on the edge of its efficency.

The MAXIMUM this turbo can flow at a pressure ratio of 2.068 is at the right hand upper edge of the map. Which just happens to be... 0.175 cubic meters a second. This converts into around 371 CFM.

Now we have already calculated the CFM needed to hold 15.7 PSI to redline. Thats 491.6 CFM at a 90% VE. This converts to 0.2320 cubic meters a second. This happens to be COMPLETELY off the chart and unattinable for this particular turbo.

This turbo is what we term Maxed Out. It is pretty close to being maxed out from the factory... No matter what you do it will NEVER efficently support 15.7 PSI at 6500 RPM.

The car requires 491.6 CFM.... the turbo makes 371 CFM...

Facts don't lie...

OK man . im lying !!!! (first)

why dont you try it and then come back and talk to me. u show me numbers , i show u a real fact that it is working.. the turbo is not maxed out. why dont you call mazda USA and ask them the turbo is good till what psi??
i did and they said 25psi!! (RTM) so please !! it is not an expensive mod try it

p5freek said:
OK man . im lying !!!! (first)

why dont you try it and then come back and talk to me. u show me numbers , i show u a real fact that it is working.. the turbo is not maxed out. why dont you call mazda USA and ask them the turbo is good till what psi??
i did and they said 25psi!! (RTM) so please !! it is not an expensive mod try it
The turbo is good for 30 PSI if you want... that doesn't mean its being efficient...

Once AGAIN... I NEVER SAID IT WOULD NOT WORK, but if you took a larger turbocharger (Like a GT28RS) and ran the EXACT same PSI on your car it WILL make more power and run more efficiently...

And once again Mazda North American IS NEVER going to encourage their owners to "up the boost" on any of their cars.... EVER....

Edit: I found your post...

i called mazda canada and i talked to the guy that went and did the course for the mazdaspeed 6 and he told me that the engin is perfectly good for 25psi no problem. it is completly forged .
so 20 psi wont kill it

WHERE IN WHAT MAZDA CANADA DID THEY SAY "The turbocharger is good for 25 PSI at 6500 RPM's on the Mazdaspeed6...

They didn't... and do you know why... because you are LOSING power...

Listen you can do whatever you want to your car, but your ignorance is going to catch up with you when you have broken parts and a turbo split in half, PERIOD.

Last edited:
Back