Auto UP/DOWN window problem

jaimem26

:
2006 Mazda MAZDASPEED6
Has anyone had any problems with the auto up/down windows. I noticed today on my way home that my front driverside window would not auto up or down for some reason. It worked when i first got in my car after work but then half way home i noticed it wouldn't work. I am giong to check it again in an hour or so and i will reply back.

jaimem26 said:
Has anyone had any problems with the auto up/down windows. I noticed today on my way home that my front driverside window would not auto up or down for some reason. It worked when i first got in my car after work but then half way home i noticed it wouldn't work. I am giong to check it again in an hour or so and i will reply back.

I figured it out. I went back out to my car and the window still didnt turn on. Apparently for some reason while i was driving home my auto up/down funciton was disabled. I followed the steps using the master function to reset this feature ( in on position hit window down two times firmly then up two times firmly within 5 sec, then turn to lock position, and within 40 seconds back to "On" position and press down two times firmly and then up again 2 times firmly.) This did not work. To the left of that page was another way to re-enable that funcition if using the master switches to perform the previous sequence didnt work.

This one worked great.

Press the window down button until if is completely open, then once it is open pull the switch up to close the window. Once the window is closed keep holding the switch up for 2 seconds and that will enable the auto up/down feature on the window.

Back