Magnaflow exhaust pics *With Sound*

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
Finally got around to taking some pics/video/ sound recordings of the exhaust system. If someone knows where I can upload the sounds clips to in order to post them let me know and I will do so. Unfortunately I cant get the video clips of the memory card on to my computer so I cant upload them to photobucket. I may try to transfer them directly when I get home... Anyhow without further delay here are the pics from the undercarriage.

rearexhaust-1.jpg

exhaust.jpg

exhaustrgt.jpg

exhaustleft.jpg

Last edited:
That exhaust looks SWEET. I need sound clip now!! :D

You can upload the files here. Click "user CP" at the top and then on the left bar "upload files".

nah not in the least bit. It took me a little while to see if there was a direct way to link them but overall it was easy. Ive had them since sunday just havent had the chance to post them. Anyhow enjoy, they sound a little different from Magnaflows page but not much...it seems their car sounded a little deeper but it may be from the positioning of the microphone.

And in response to the Dyno question, no I havent made it there yet. Someone one else made the comment that all the MS 6's are dyno ing differently so without a baseline it would be hard to measure any loss or gain from an exhaust system...especially since it is somewhat minor to begin with and the it is only catback. I still want to try and get down there sometime though just to get some solid figures.

My magnaflows took a few miles to break in and after that they got lil louder and deeper on my other car.

I read in another post that some one with this exhaust had problems with the tips rattling in the bumper skirt. I think they needed to add a couple of hangers. Did you have this problem? Did you install it yourself? If so how long did it take?

was there a tow hok like the n/a mazda 6? Kartboy was the fix but they are unreachable at the time...

Samdiver74 said:
Armyguy1104
Where are you located at?
your profile says MD yet your car tag is Florida.

yeah that exhaust is killer. Love it.

He probably lives in Florida and is stationed in MD.

Yea I had my car registered in FL because that is my home of record and I am stationed in DC for the time being. I had it installed at a midas shop under the table so to speak, somehow I think I got ripped on the deal because its all bolt on and took about 30 mins to do but they charged me 100. Average labor I think is 70-80 an hour. Anyhow I was one of them that had the problem of the rattling and still do. Someone did say just to add another hook to it but haven't got around to it yet, luckily it hasnt melted the plastic...lol Its only at real low RPM's that it rattles though.

Im not sure if it came with a hook, hopefully the guy didnt leave anything out. They're already broken in though, I have had them for a little over a month now so they should be fairly permanent as far as the sound goes. I know some people have issues with different exhaust companies having their mufflers go out but I've never heard of that from magnaflow, nor experienced it.

Last edited:
I like it...I dont care if 1 pipe is better, IMO the 2 pipe setup looks right, not to mention this particular setup looks Awesome with those big tips!!

It's a shame that the tips aren't eliptical, so they match the Rear diffuser on the bumper. That would help cut down the rubbing issue also

Armyguy1104 said:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Armyguy1104/1st%20run.WAV

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Armyguy1104/2nd%20run.WAV

1st run is centered behind car, 2nd run is behind driver side exhaust pipe. Not sure if there is much difference, the camera was also on the ground 1 -2ft behind the car. Both were taken with a Nikon S6 Digital camera.
Enjoy
Yours sounds pretty nice man....How do you put sound bites on the threads? I have a Single 3" exhaust with a 3" glass pack (minus the second CAT) I think you guys should hear!

jcgemt2003 said:
Yours sounds pretty nice man....How do you put sound bites on the threads? I have a Single 3" exhaust with a 3" glass pack (minus the second CAT) I think you guys should hear!

Thanks. Someone explained it in a earlier post but you have to go to User CP on the toolbar ^ and then on the bottom left side you will see a link that says upload files. Afterward I just copied the link of each individual file and pasted it as html in the post.

just copy the link and the site automaticly puts it into clickable link form.

Back