Passenger seat belt/airbag issue

G-Papi

:
'07 Mazda6s Grand Touring Automatic 5D Tropical Island Blue
OK, I've had it! When I put my briefcase, or any package on the front passenger seat, the seatbelt light illuminates, the warning dings at me, and the "Passenger Airbag Off) idiot light illuminates.

According to the manual, packages, or large pets may cause this problem. It appears that a special trip to the dealer to disable the seatbelt minder is in order. No word yet on the airbag warning light issue.

Dumb and dumber.

G-Papi said:
OK, I've had it! When I put my briefcase, or any package on the front passenger seat, the seatbelt light illuminates, the warning dings at me, and the "Passenger Airbag Off) idiot light illuminates.

According to the manual, packages, or large pets may cause this problem. It appears that a special trip to the dealer to disable the seatbelt minder is in order. No word yet on the airbag warning light issue.

Dumb and dumber.

The airbag warning light isn't really a problem. It's just saying there's something light in the passenger seat, so the airbag is disabled.

The seat belt chime would be very annoying. It hasn't happened to me yet with my gym bag. I always put the seat belt around the wendy's bags so I don't get fries everywhere if I have to stop abruptly. (wink)

I routinely travel with my camera bag in the passenger seat. It's that way so I can quickly get to stuff for quick shots (after pulling over, of course). Several cameras and accessories seem to generate enough weight to cause my situation.

G-Papi said:

Dumb and dumber.

That is something that's on the increase across most of the car manufactures these days unfortunantly. More of the PC crap and the gov't trying to protect us from ourselves. Can't remember the model car, but a friend of mine rented something the other day, and said the car wouldn't start until he fastened his seatbelt.

Back