cracked bypass valve

yea just like it said, car was running sluggish and got a cel. took it into the dealership today and the verdict was a cracked bypass valve, and a 2 week wait on the back ordered part. car is less than 2 weeks old and has just over 500 miles on it. so now im driving a crappy altima rental until the part comes in. oh which is also supposed to be july 5th, right smack dab in the middle of my vacation to the keys when ill be out of town. grrrrrr.....

yea dude. bypass valve, blow off valve, ive even heard it called a diverter valve its all basically the same s***. i could probably get the hks one in before they get the stock one... but im not ready to **** with it yet or spend the money *shrug*

Technically it's a bypass valve if it's in recirculation mode. Blow off means just that, the excess boost is blown off (out to atmosphere).

That sucks that the stocker is busted. Talk to the service manager and see if you can work out a deal on an aftermarket BPV.

This is another reason to ditch the stock BPV.

yea the stocker is plastic, or at least part of it is.

symptoms were the car was not holding boost very well or at all. i am thinking that this thing was broke from day one because i just got the car back and it is a freakin BEAST! i guess i didnt know what i was missing.

Back