Want to lower but....

jdub260

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6 Sport
I know very little about lowering a car so I'm trying to learn. I want to lower my MS6 (thinking about the Eibach SportLine Springs ) but will I need to change the shocks and struts too? I gotta think that stiffer springs will wear them out if not make the fail right away. Also Will I need a 4-wheel alignment also?
If anyone has lowered their car please help me out.
-Lowering kit?
-Where did you get it?
-Self install or Shop?
-Approx. price that a shop should charge?

I've lowered my old car 97 civic... I can tell you from that what happens...

New springs (or coilovers) to lower the vehicle come first....

The, your camber is off (means your tires are bent inward or outward). This mean your tires will rub and wear on the inside more... A LOT MORE... than stock. So you'll need to fix this. Usually adjustable A-arms... and such...

Yes you need an alignment... Assuming you've gotten springs and whatever is required to fix the camber... Take the vehicle to a decent autobody shop... probably one who deals with major accidents and body repair. Most average tire shops won't do a quality job on your alignmnt / camber. They'll adjust the stock settings but won't touch the aftermarket parts you installed to have it fixed correctly.

Ghetto performance shops will sell you coil-over kits for anything... 150-300 bucks and you lower the ricer! YEAH! Wrong... go to a shop, or dealership that offers lowering kits for their cars and you'll find they run anywhere from 1000-2500... Because to do it right you need all the extra parts.

Hope this helps. With an AWD car like this... that already comes with a performance suspension. You're gonna end up spending a pretty penny to lower it correctly.

Now, the stock setup might be able to handle high levels of camber... which would save you a lot of money... but my guess is no.

my opinion is spend the money and see if you can get the mazdaspeed lowering springs from mazda and have them install it...not only do those springs come with a warranty you can get your dealship to install and align and do everything and if you haggle with them you might be able to get a discount

i agree. i have a lowered civic also, when i first lowered 2.25 inches on stock shocks, i had real bad camber problem in the rear and i had to buy a $100 camber kit to fix. the shocks lasted a good while but dont ride that good cuz theyre not meant to be that low. then i went with a tokico coilover system and i love it to death. but like dude said, the speed6 has a much better stock suspension than a civic or most other cars, hence you will paying alot more to make it even nicer than it is. if you just want to squat the car a bit for looks, i would go for springs but nothing that lowers it more than 1.5 to 1.75 inches. that shouldnt mess with your camber too bad altho you will wear tires faster than stock. my civic sits about 3 inches lower than stock and i scrape my cat on just about everything including pulling into my driveway and my tires rub on hard corners. but i dont really give a s*** about that piece anymore hahaha.

Great....

First off, this is a Mazda and doesn't suffer the same camber issues that Hindas tend to.

Secondly, the amout of camber change depneds on how much you lower the car. There are no after market springs that will lower the car so much that the stock adjustment will not be able to handle the camber change.

If you go with a coil over set up, a quality part will give the needed adjustment.

A good alignment shop will be able to fix any issue you have and provide you with a stock alingment or one that is slightly more aggressive. However, you need to know what to do for that more aggressive alignment, in which case you would need to be racing in a sanctioned event.

As it stands, there is only one option I have seen for the Mazdaspeed6, which is a set of fixed rate lowering springs from AutoEXE. Wait, more will come eventually.

As the sig. tell's I have NO patients:)

I couldn't wait any longer...so I decided to help keep AutoEXE in business.

jdub260 said:
As the sig. tell's I have NO patients:)

I couldn't wait any longer...so I decided to help keep AutoEXE in business.

That's cool...AutoEXE is supposed to make good quality parts. Just $$$$....

The springs should not negativley effect your alignment so crazy that the stock adjustment will not be able to fix it. If, for some crazy reason it does, camber bolts will fix the issue. Once again, a quality alingment shop will either be able to get them for you, or know how to adjust them. You can get them through any racing parts catalog.

On the ground !!

Ride dirty like im doing, with Tein !!

Attachments

• P1010046.JPG
    P1010046.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 259
My vote would have been RacingBeat Spring and Sway Bar kit. It's been specifically designed for Mazda 6's rate and weight ratio.
Mazdaspeed springs, if I'm not mistaken, are just Eibach springs with Mazdaspeed's name on it.
I learned this on another forum board just for Mazda 6's only.

---Aloha

a lot of springs are eibach springs, but they're built to certain specs, so they could be different than eibach branded springs. for instance, my prodrive springs are manufactured by eibach, but to prodrives specifications. and they're different (lowering/spring rate) than the eibach springs for my car.

Speaking of lowering and of coarse new wheels, Has anybody had a problem with the wheel hubs/top and bottom of the rotors rusting?

StuttersC said:
Great....

First off, this is a Mazda and doesn't suffer the same camber issues that Hindas tend to.

Secondly, the amout of camber change depneds on how much you lower the car. There are no after market springs that will lower the car so much that the stock adjustment will not be able to handle the camber change.

If you go with a coil over set up, a quality part will give the needed adjustment.

A good alignment shop will be able to fix any issue you have and provide you with a stock alingment or one that is slightly more aggressive. However, you need to know what to do for that more aggressive alignment, in which case you would need to be racing in a sanctioned event.

As it stands, there is only one option I have seen for the Mazdaspeed6, which is a set of fixed rate lowering springs from AutoEXE. Wait, more will come eventually.
Thank you for the solid truthful info.(first)

Bigbaddad said:
My vote would have been RacingBeat Spring and Sway Bar kit. It's been specifically designed for Mazda 6's rate and weight ratio.
Mazdaspeed springs, if I'm not mistaken, are just Eibach springs with Mazdaspeed's name on it.
I learned this on another forum board just for Mazda 6's only.

---Aloha

Eibach is one of three or four spirng makers in the entire world. It is quite possible even the Racing Beat spirngs are Eibach made, just liek the Mazdaspeed springs are.

At anyrate, its been said on the other Mazda6 boards that the rear RB bar is good, but both will continue to understeer the car for safety sake. For better perfomance, a smaller diamter front bar is better when put on with the RB rear bar.

Back