Black style JDM tail lights

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
I finally figured out what the black JDM tail lights part numbers are.... it is used in the "23S" and "20S" models currently sold in Japan... they look the same as the stock USDM tail lights but are black instead of the tacky looking chrome.... what's missing though is the red reflector strip at the bottom which faces the side of the car.... this makes these lights technically illegal in north america, but it does allow for a "cleaner" look.... they are legal elsewhere in the world

part numbers are:
C247-51-170E right
C247-51-180E left
the bulbs and harness are not included on these part numbers... this is slightly cheaper than buying them with the harness and bulbs which are the *same* as the stock USDM s***

as these are not USDM parts, you can't order them from a US dealer.... so to get them, you'll have to contact an importer

Attachments

• cue44113-img420x315-1142071370y1313.jpg
    cue44113-img420x315-1142071370y1313.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Sweet lights.... what is the cost in canadian bux eh??

As for the legality if you keep the original set your ok for trade in and secondly safety checks

I know owners of some other models of cars can repaint the bezels inside the clear plastic lens. What they do is actually stick the taillight into the oven for a little to soften the glue and unassemble the plastic housing, cover the actual lights and reflectors and paint the desired areas (in our case, the chrome), and reglue the pieces and reassemble.

Anyone attempt this? Anyone know if it's possible with these taillights? I'm thinking of doing this myself and just painting them black, if possible. thanks

Last edited:
It's usually not possible with factory tails like it is with aftermarket, because the factory headlights/taillights use a much higher quality sealant/adhesive. I can't talk from specific Mazda5 experience, but with most, that's the case.

mkay, thanks for the heads up on that. I'll probably play it safe and leave my hands off.... I'll just check into GT taillights once they come out if I want black that bad.

Back