2007 US Mazda 5

goodguy

Dealer just ordered thier first batch of 2007 M5's yesterday.
Would not elabotate as to what options/changes were. But as stated in other forums, they confirmed a Grand Touring Model, Espresso Leather, heated seats, Galaxy Grey and the deep maroon type colors were coming (Carbon Grey is gone for 07). I assume that Galaxy & espresso leather option will look at bit like this:

http://www.miata.net/news/nc_images/nc03.jpg

Pretty nice - BUT - I looked at a Galaxy Grey CX-7 and Carbon Grey M5 side by side at the dealer and there is something funky about the Galaxy Grey - It has a platinum, beigy metallic undertone to it which I guess could look pretty cool but it looked sort of "dull" on the CX-7.
I am not a color wheel expert but do grey tones and beige tones go together that well. You cannot see it from the link but if you see it on the lot, the undertone is apparent. Anyway, the carbon grey looked better IMO as it has that "lead" color shine to it that really give it something.
Yet, that linked MX5 pic looks pretty hot.

Did anyone hear about a V6 option?
Sent an email to Mazda yesterday re passenger armrest, stability control, rear a/c vents, tint and a couple other questions. Have not heard anything yet. Dealer estimates 07's M5's should start arriving mid to late September.
06' Sports are pretty plentiful still - touring selection is getting thin but more 06' tourings arrived yesterday also. FYI, dealer said they can order once a month, so if you want to get an 07 started, keep that in consideration when planning the delivery date.
I will probably go with the 06' BUT if stability control is coming I may wait as I think it is going to be industry standard shortly and trying to resell a car without it will be like selling a car without airbags in the future.
Has anybody heard about stability on 07's?

Did anyone hear about a V6 option?

No option on Mazda 5 for 2007. I really don't think it could fix anyways.

BTW Galaxy Grey on the MPV is hot to look at and I think it will do well on the Mazda 5. Having looked on the CX7 I thought the chrome threw off the color look??

goodguy said:
FYI, dealer said they can order once a month, so if you want to get an 07 started, keep that in consideration when planning the delivery date.
I will probably go with the 06' BUT if stability control is coming I may wait as I think it is going to be industry standard shortly and trying to resell a car without it will be like selling a car without airbags in the future.
Has anybody heard about stability on 07's?
Don't hold your breath on the stability control... I doubt it'll be added. It seems to be reserved for heavier cars and/or cars equipped with a V6. Perhaps I'm wrong on that aspect though.

And when I popped into my dealership out of the blue, they ordered my 07 on the spot (even gave me the order confirmation print out). So I think maybe it's that particular dealership's own policy to order only once per month?

Last edited:
Confimation on 07 M5 Options from Mazda Corporate

My email to Mazda corporate regarding the 07' option on the M5 came back as follows:

Thanks for contacting Mazda.

I checked the product changes for the 2007 MAZDA5 and it does not look
like any of these items were changed for next years model....

First, the good: They responded in 48 hours or less (which is pretty good I think). Second, they didn't give me some generic response but actually addressed my specific questions about a product they haven't released yet so I think that says alot about Mazda's culture (they could have said something akin to "we have not yet released the 07" or "check with your dealer"...)

So I am impressed:

Now the so so news:

Per Mazda, there will be no passenger armrest, rear a/c vents, stability control, tinted windows, better roof rack option (i.e. euro roof rails).

Not that I expected any of these because I know the logic behind these seeming omissions -BUT- I was hoping for a nugget to share and make my decision to go 06' or 07' easier.

Looks like I am headed to the dealer to get a Carbon 06' Touring since waiting will not get me anything I really want above the 06' options anyway. Although, I hate to buy an 06' just three months away from 07's since resale on a newer model year would be better - but- I cannot bridge the gap between turning in my leased Pacifica next month and the 07's arrival.

Any suggestions (other than a moped)?

jandree22 said:
Don't hold your breath on the stability control... I doubt it'll be added. It seems to be reserved for heavier cars and/or cars equipped with a V6. Perhaps I'm wrong on that aspect though.

And when I popped into my dealership out of the blue, they ordered my 07 on the spot (even gave me the order confirmation print out). So I think maybe it's that particular dealership's own policy to order only once per month?

JANDREE - Did the dealer SHOW you the things that would be available on 07' and if so, what were the changes/additions? Trying to find out if I should wait or do the 06'. Leather and Galaxy grey would be nice but how much and do you have to move up to a Grand Touring adding a couple more thousand?

Last edited:
goodguy said:
JANDREE - Did the dealer SHOW you the things that would be available on 07' and if so, what were the changes/additions? Trying to find out if I should wait or do the 06'. Leather and Galaxy grey would be nice but how much and do you have to move up to a Grand Touring adding a couple more thousand?
Well, put it this way... I don't even know officially how much I'll be paying for the 07 Touring I ordered. My sales manager said he can give me a ballpark figure now to work with, and we'll firm up pricing when MazdaUSA releases it. The Sport and Touring will probably stay about the same and the GT will probably be in the area of $21k. It's hard to say whether or not leather will be an option for the lower trims... it is available to the Touring Mazda3 as an option, however since the only upgrades to the 5 GT as far as I know are leather and Xenon HID's, I'm thinking maybe they'll just make you step up to the GT to get those. That being said, yes, he did show me MazdaUSA's release to dealers that 100% confirmed a release of the GT trim.

Personally, I'd just get an '06MY because of the situation you're in with the Pacifica. I love Carbon Gray, but it's not available for '07 so I went with Whitewater. However, if you think you'll really enjoy the leather and Xenon's, get your 07 order in pronto, and just rent a car for those 2 months or buy a beater that fits your needs. Nice thing about buying a beater is chances are it's already done most of its depreciating. In other words, you can pick up a $2,000 Caravan or something today, and in two months you'll be able to get rid of if for about the same. It's a tough spot that you're in, but good luck however you decide to go!

Last edited:
Jan

From my experience Mazda only increases product cost by a couple of hundred bux.... this helps keep the resale values high in the long run.

Your 07 price should be similiar to what it is today.... finance rates well who knows?

More 07' details from dealer

Just spoke with a Mazda dealer sales manager who says there will be NO functional changes on the 07' over the 06'.

As we know there will be the Grand Touring, Leather, Heated Seats, XID lamps, Galaxy Grey, Dark Maroon mica, (no Carbon or Cardinal) But NO functional changes. This seems to confirm what Mazda said . I am waiting to hear more directly from Mazda.

But the dealer did say a couple things re price: The 07's will be 3.5% higher than 06's and the GTouring would (most likely) be $2500 more than the 06' touring (makes sense) considering the current $700 incentive on 06'. Also, the 06' has the better warranty than 07'.

It sort of makes you wonder why they wouldnt try to add some functional improvements instead of just cosmetic ones (i.e Aux in for IPOD, Stability option, passenger armrest, rear vents, reading lamps, etc.) to address some of the wishes of buyers. Think of it this way, at the end of 07' (almost 08') it will look pretty uncompetitive to not have an mfr IPOD option (not auxmod), stability, and some of the other simple things the competition alredy has or is putting in soon. See Scion XB aux in, etc (it can't be that hard can it?)

All that being said, it dosen't diminish what a great car the M5 already is. Next thing is to bring the damn 07' MPV from Japan over here.

Now THAT I would give my right nut for!

http://www.mpv.mazda.co.jp/

3.5% seems a tad steep, but I guess it does follow inflation. That adds about $720 to my price... ugh.

I hope your dealer's wrong ;)

jandree22 said:
3.5% seems a tad steep, but I guess it does follow inflation. That adds about $720 to my price... ugh.

I hope your dealer's wrong ;)

Jandree - Dealers are almost always wrong. Or at least full of BS on some level. For all we know the 07's could show up and be cheaper...

I guess I trust their facts to a point but they are motivated to sell what is on their lot NOW and not 07's. So they may be trying to steer someone away from waiting on 07's if they can move an 06'.

As far as the 3.5% - that traslates to roughy $700 on the Touring. Ironically the exact amount of the current incentive? So there is always the possibility (for your sake) that the Dealer translated the lack of incentive in the 07' as a 3.5% "increase" (but they did allude to a 3.5% msrp increase)?
If so, i hope your Grand Touring additional $1700 or so includes the leather. I don't how it can't considering the news that there are only cosmetic upgrades in 07', What else would they charge $1700 for - chrome accents?

i am jealous of your getting the GT though...don't rub it in too much when I am driving my "throwback" 06' this fall.

I think you misunderstood me somewhere... I'm getting a Touring, no "Grand" Leather or Xenon's for me ;)

And I was running through Intellichoice.com, and they have a Valuation tool for used cars that shows you the original MSRP price in their respective years. I used a couple misc. models and ran them through apples to apples feature-wise for over a 4 or 5 year period, making sure to leave out any model generation changes, and most seemed to increase only 100-300 a year. I dunno, time will tell I suppose. I'll be okay financially even if it jumps $1,000... it'd just be a bummer.

Black Bezels???

jandree22 said:
I think you misunderstood me somewhere... I'm getting a Touring, no "Grand" Leather or Xenon's for me ;)

And I was running through Intellichoice.com, and they have a Valuation tool for used cars that shows you the original MSRP price in their respective years. I used a couple misc. models and ran them through apples to apples feature-wise for over a 4 or 5 year period, making sure to leave out any model generation changes, and most seemed to increase only 100-300 a year. I dunno, time will tell I suppose. I'll be okay financially even if it jumps $1,000... it'd just be a bummer.

Sorry Jandree - I guess I assumed you were "going for the whoe enchilada".

I guess the black-out tailight bezels on the 07' will look something like the attached pic. Mazda 5 rear end included for comparison.

Attachments

• pho_gallery_MS6_ext19.jpg
    pho_gallery_MS6_ext19.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 188
  • pho_gallery_MZ5_ext4.jpg
    pho_gallery_MZ5_ext4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
goodguy said:

I guess the black-out tailight bezels on the 07' will look something like the attached pic. Mazda 5 rear end included for comparison.
np ;)

Anyways, good point, I do think I heard that about the bezels as well. talk about drool! (naughty)

goodguy said:

I like my grey ones better. Not all 5s have the chrome, some have grey like mine.

They look the same - the only difference I can see is the angle and the lighting. Could be wrong though, next time I'm at the dealership if they have any (selling fast up here) I'll check it out.

Last edited:
Go back to the first page and look at the blue 5, it's tail lights are 100% chrome, then, look at mine and see the body is a graphite grey with chrome only around the rings.

Back