Premacy Emblem

antlind

:
2006 Mazda5 - GT
Got my premacy emblem and applied it to the rear hatch...Here's a quick peek of it.....Anthony

Attachments

• IM004609.jpg
    IM004609.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 589
they have them on ebay once in a while. on the other hand, if you are planning on removing the Mazda5 badge on the left side, it'll leave holes under that badge. I found out the hard way.

dommo_g said:
they have them on ebay once in a while. on the other hand, if you are planning on removing the Mazda5 badge on the left side, it'll leave holes under that badge. I found out the hard way.

only if you take the "mazda" out. but the 5 is a stick on.

Bleck... my neighbor has a F-150 Harley Davidson edition and he removed the Harley badges on the fenders... 3 ugly holes, and they're still an eyesore despite it being a black truck.

Wouldn't fare too well on my future white 5, I think much (ughdance) Thanks for the heads up, the Mz5 badge stays

Emblem

I got this from a buddy on the MPVCLUB forum.
I believe he's got a couple more left over.
He has them listed under the group buy section.
Anthony

antlind said:
I got this from a buddy on the MPVCLUB forum.
I believe he's got a couple more left over.
He has them listed under the group buy section.
Anthony
great, thanks

I didn't replace the Mazda5 emblem with the Premacy. The Premacy emblem is on the right side of the rear hatch and the Mazda5 is on the left side.
I don't know if this is for everyone, for me I like to maintain the link to the JDM heritage of the Mazda5. For the same reason, some guys place the Axela badge on the Mazda3. It's not for everyone....But it works for me.
Anthony

antlind said:
I didn't replace the Mazda5 emblem with the Premacy. The Premacy emblem is on the right side of the rear hatch and the Mazda5 is on the left side.
I don't know if this is for everyone, for me I like to maintain the link to the JDM heritage of the Mazda5. For the same reason, some guys place the Axela badge on the Mazda3. It's not for everyone....But it works for me.
Anthony
good answer.

antlind said:
Anthony
good answer.

isda65 said:
Maybe I'm missing something here. But why on earth would one want to replace the "Mazda5" badge/emblem with the Premacy's?

because it's JDM", and that's what the "original" name of the car is?
plus if someone puts it on, they can call their car a "2nd gen" ;)

JDM, yo! (rei)

Seriously, in case you're not aware, JDM means Japanese Domestic Market. Over there, as stated, it's not called the Mazda5... it's called the Premacy. Just like the Mazda3 is called the Alexa.

Premacy Badge

Yup...And the Mazda6 is called the Atenza (or Attenza)...I think.
I personally prefer the names as opposed to the numbering.
Anyway, it's all cyclical with these automakers...They use names for a few years then change to numbers then go back to names.
Even GM is getting into the numbering game with the Pontiac G5 and G6.
Remember the old days with the Mazda 323 and 626 and 929 etc...
Anthony

yeah... they're all trying to copy the damn germans and try to be "upscale"... you ask any average person wtf an acura RL is, they won't know wtf you're talking about... ask them what an acura legend is, and you might have a better chance of them know what it is... ask them what a mercedes E320 is, they won't know which car it is, only that it's a nice ******* car :p

the germans have only been able to keep doing it because they've been making great cars.... so people don't really care about the name except the car is damn good.... numbers and letters are cryptic as hell!

... and the 3 is "Axela". I like the name Premacy, and would rebadge mine as a Premacy if my wife would go for it. Alas, she won't. :)

isda65 said:
Maybe I'm missing something here. But why on earth would one want to replace the "Mazda5" badge/emblem with the Premacy's?
cuz it's JDM and mad tytE, YO!!

perfecto said:
... and the 3 is "Axela". I like the name Premacy, and would rebadge mine as a Premacy if my wife would go for it. Alas, she won't. :)
heheh, "if the wife would go for it"....

antlind said:
Anthony

Did you take off the "5" though? Kinda wierd to call it a Mazda5 Premacy. :D

Back