GT AWD w/Tech package Lease Update

Here's the latest pricing from another local dealer on a 36 month, 15k mile/year lease:

>>>>>>>>>>>>
ok we have some lease numbers for you.

for 36 months with 15,000 miles
with 0 down: $705-710
with 1000 down: $669-675
with 2000 down: $636-642
with 3000 down: $603-609
with 4000 down: $570-575
with 5000 down: $537-542
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

hehe...according to the Lexus site, you'd be able to lease the new 2007 RX350 (w/270 HP...MSRP $43k) for:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
$429 / mo
36 months - $3,529 Due at Lease Signing
Includes 1st mo. payment, acquisition fee and cap.
cost reduction. Excludes applicable taxes & fees.
No security deposit required. On approved credit.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

this includes 12k miles, but you could still get 15k for less than $500/month.

there's just no way this car could compete with the lexus as far as ride quality and comfort. I just find it funny that Mazda would position this car on launch with such ridiculous lease rates.

mr. roboto said:
Here's the latest pricing from another local dealer on a 36 month, 15k mile/year lease:

>>>>>>>>>>>>
ok we have some lease numbers for you.

for 36 months with 15,000 miles
with 0 down: $705-710
with 1000 down: $669-675
with 2000 down: $636-642
with 3000 down: $603-609
with 4000 down: $570-575
with 5000 down: $537-542
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

hehe...according to the Lexus site, you'd be able to lease the new 2007 RX350 (w/270 HP...MSRP $43k) for:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
$429 / mo
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

this includes 12k miles, but you could still get 15k for less than $500/month.

there's just no way this car could compete with the lexus as far as ride quality and comfort. I just find it funny that Mazda would position this car on launch with such ridiculous lease rates.

What are the money factor values on these leases?

I think the dealer is just using standard rates and residuals. when I went to my local dealer they said they haven't received any leasing programs, and they should have them for July

I know that when I was selling Mazdas and I took a look at the money factor rates of a Mazda 3 they were in the ballpark of 12%.

stangmatt66 said:
What are the money factor values on these leases?

$429 / mo
==========================================================
I was told the same thing - but I could do a 27 month lease for $399.00/mo
12k miles same $3500 due at signing....

That's a $4600+ savings

Must be a dramatic change in residual from 27 to 36 months
Plus the car is still under warranty

And I can get a new one then :)

The thing about leases that car dealerships like the most is that there is not a way to break down the numbers and really see exactly what your paying for. There are all kinds of hidden things in the numbers that you don't know about...

billvack said:
$429 / mo
==========================================================
I was told the same thing - but I could do a 27 month lease for $399.00/mo
12k miles same $3500 due at signing....

That's a $4600+ savings

Must be a dramatic change in residual from 27 to 36 months
Plus the car is still under warranty

And I can get a new one then :)

billvack said:
$429 / mo

That's pretty good, a better deal than what I got on my RX-8 when they first came out. Either the residual is higher or they have changed the money factor value.

schiesskopf5 said:
The thing about leases that car dealerships like the most is that there is not a way to break down the numbers and really see exactly what your paying for. There are all kinds of hidden things in the numbers that you don't know about...

You can ask. My local dealer showed me a complete sheet of paper with the discount amount of the car after rebate, the money factor (if I recally correctly, I think it was like 4%), residual value... From that I could calculate everything I needed to make a decision. It was very up-front, and I knew exactly how much the dealership was making on the car (not much).

They said they were "being nice" to show it to me, but for all they knew, if they didn't show it to me I wouldn't have bought the car.

So ask, and ye might receive. That said, WOWSA.. Those are expensive prices for leases!!!!

Wow, most dealers wont show you but that is really nice that they did. Sounds like a nice dealership to deal with.

stillflat4 said:
You can ask. My local dealer showed me a complete sheet of paper with the discount amount of the car after rebate, the money factor (if I recally correctly, I think it was like 4%), residual value... From that I could calculate everything I needed to make a decision. It was very up-front, and I knew exactly how much the dealership was making on the car (not much).

They said they were "being nice" to show it to me, but for all they knew, if they didn't show it to me I wouldn't have bought the car.

So ask, and ye might receive. That said, WOWSA.. Those are expensive prices for leases!!!!

schiesskopf5 said:
Wow, most dealers wont show you but that is really nice that they did. Sounds like a nice dealership to deal with.

Their service department seems to be lacking so far, which is strange considering that they're a Mazda-only dealership (Wantagh Mazda), but I was very happy with my salesperson. No pressure at all. They showed me the numbers, I showed them the money. :) Simple as that.

schiesskopf5 said:

If a dealership doesn't show you all the numbers, leave! Run away as fast as you can! They're obviously hiding something. If you sign a deal without seeing all the numbers, you're crazy!

Yea, I understand. I used to sell.

stangmatt66 said:
If a dealership doesn't show you all the numbers, leave! Run away as fast as you can! They're obviously hiding something. If you sign a deal without seeing all the numbers, you're crazy!

Back