Aftermarket cruise

:
Mazda5
Guys ,
I am looking for aftermarket cruise. There is some avail for the Mazda3 I think after market. I was wondering .. are the 2 engine platforms similar enough that I can use the same aftermarket cruise from the 3 on the 5.
Or suggestions where I can get aftermarket cruise.
Thanks a million.

Medicman

I have an aftermarket CC on my Sunfire and it works pretty good. It's not a 'slap on GM' CC from another trim, it's a completely aftermarket unit. Not as seamless as OEM, but it holds the speed pretty strongly. (When you initially set the speed, it blips the thottle so you accellerate like 3mph, but then right away it settles back down to the speed you set it at). There's a guy that comes into my dealership to do that kinda crap and I bought the unit through him too. So you might wanna check with your service manager to see what kind of price quote he can give you.

Otherwise, yellow page some local car electronics shops and start checking there.

J

You don't need after market cruise... we have the real thing for your car if you want. It looks just like the GT (hi end model) and like the Mazda 3 it is on the steering wheel.

It is a supported Genuine Mazda part and costs about 220 cdn.

Chow

BTW 1.0 hour labour to take the steering wheel off.

Zoom5Zoom said:
J

You don't need after market cruise... we have the real thing for your car if you want. It looks just like the GT (hi end model) and like the Mazda 3 it is on the steering wheel.

It is a supported Genuine Mazda part and costs about 220 cdn.

Chow

BTW 1.0 hour labour to take the steering wheel off.

No Kidding ??!!! I was never told this by the dealer I bought from..Do you know any part numbers ?? I'd be right on it in that case !!

your dealer doesn't know because it is easier to make money on an after market unit which is bulky and doesn't operate like a mazda unit.

FYI todays cruise just chats to the fly by wire accelerator for cruise funcitons and doesn't use the baffle system.

Ok back to question ask your dealer what the part number is for the steering wheel audio controls.... the cruise will come with it as a package.

Any Mazda dealer call sell you the ''installation package'' for the speed control.
It is exactly the same kit available for the Mazda3.
I had one installed by my dealer on my Touring. Total cost $325.00 (Parts and labor)

Here are the Mazda Part Numbers for the Cruise Control (like the GT on the steering Wheel) and a change module for the brake switch (used to disable the cruise setting for safety0

Brake Switch: BM7N-66-490 $30.23

Steering Wheel Switch: BN8P-66-4M0 $227.78

Hope this helps all you GS drivers out there (ughdance)

Last edited:
News Flash

Finally got the cruise added to my north americain GS Mazda 5. Took only a couple of minutes for a trained technician to do.

System performs just like the GT version. This includes controls on the steering wheel and associated lighting indications on the console. Also the switches illuminate like the audio control switches on the steering wheel.

PS if you get the kit as listed above you do get a bonus audio switch assembly. Keep it at hand if you use your switch as much as I do it may wear out (ughdance)

Difficulty 1 to 10 : 4 for a tech
Pleasure 1 to 10 : 10 for the user.......

Cruise on friends :)

Back