MS6 HID lights?

Ljspeed

So are these pretty weak? I know Nissan/Infiniti and especially Audi have some awesome factory HID lighting. Does anyone know the strength of the MS6 lighting? like in K? (6000/8000???) Any pics?

Ljspeed said:
So are these pretty weak? I know Nissan/Infiniti and especially Audi have some awesome factory HID lighting. Does anyone know the strength of the MS6 lighting? like in K? (6000/8000???) Any pics?
I don't think its the lights themselves, but the fact that the headlights are tinted. The HIDs are probably my biggest disappointment on the car.

if you go for up on the temperature of the bulbs to enhance the brightness..you will be satisfied..I have the '06 Mazda 6 S Grand Sport and it comes with the same HID headlights that are smoked out and yea they aren't as bright as the competion just because they are smoked out but i love the smoked out look.

True I love the smoked lense too. Hmmm thats what I thought, that they werent too bright. I guess if I do go with this car, I will look into upgrading that.

The higher the Kelvin rating, the lower the light output.
kelvin1.jpg

It's plainly obvious why many manufacturers choose ratings in the 4-5k kelvin range.

Crossbow so I would take it the 6 is in the 4000 range? Also do you happen to know where other manufacturers who use HID in their vehicles fall into that graph? I know as you said the higher k=lower output and the more blinding and annoying they become.

Last edited:
I'd actually say they become less blinding, but more noticable. The higher the kelvin, the more "blueish" the hue becomes. Owners like to let everyone know they have some sort of special car, so they try to put high kelvin HID's in.

I'd say most manufacturers go from 4100K to a little over 5000K. What's the exact K rating? I have no idea. I run 4500K in my standard 6s personally.

o_O I had my Speed parked next to a BMW3 the other day... brand new one... and if anything my lights were more blue than his... *shrug*

I think the MS6 has 6000k, but these are super white, no tints.

8000k with blue tints is similar to the Nissan/Infiniti.

Go to www.g35driver.com and look under lighting forums. There are a lot of pics there.

Back