New CX-7 Owner

Longhaul412

:
2007 CX-7
The wife and I picked up our new CX-7 Monday.
Got the GT model, loaded save the navigation and rear camera options.

My initial reaction to this is holy cow!! Love this car, although not sure yet just how to name it. It is definantly not a SUV, but car or truck doesn't fit either.

Initial reactions are I was impressed by the quickness and responsiveness of the 4-cyl engine. It is obviously not a larger size, but outperforms any other 4-cyl I've driven.
Handling is where this vehicle shines. It handles the twisties like a champ, feeling more like a smaller sports car than a SUV. This thing hugs the ground. Have yet to feel any of the wandering or "tippiness" of other SUV's.
In a few words, it is amazingly fun to drive. Seat height and visibility are excellent. The sport inspired steering wheel give the appropiate feedback when cornering.
The "manual" mode shifting is fun, but something I think that will get used more as a novelty than anything else. Feels funny to shift without using a clutch pedal, and the vehicle still makes some decisions for you. (Automatically downshifts at stops), but it is nice to have the option to drive that way when conditions warrant it.

Could live without the accent strip in the seats, the dealer really pushed this "feature" but it looks kind of cheesy to me.
Controls are for the most part well laid out and easy to see. Will have to get used to looking so far up the dash to view the radio info.
The CD-changer is nice, albiet a bit slow in load/unload/change of Cd's, but the sound quality is quite good.

Ample room in the rear seats, and even with them up, there is a large storage volume. Lay the seats flat and you can load an enormous amount of cargo.

All in all, looking forward to getting some more miles under the wheels as to get a better feel for everything.

Attachments

• DSC02447.JPG
    DSC02447.JPG
    639.7 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:
Re:Envously Drooling

Damn! Since so many of u r now getting ur CX-7, I m dying here. I managed to see one up close n personally at our car show 2 weeks ago and even managed to sit in it due to the kindness of the sales person. Man! Was d car sweet! Looks big from a distance but I was surprised at it's heigth. No problems getting into any basement car parks. So far d local Mazda dealer has no plans to bring the CX-7 here in Malaysia. They were testing people response during the car show. Damn! I sure hope they offer it here. In d mean time I'll keep wiping my drool off. Ta!

they are a cool vehicle. If the financing was a little better on them I'd really be interested. It would suit my climate here very well.

Man...I love these new member/new model/new car threads :D...Welcome to MyCX7.com/Mazda Forums!

One thing I've already noticed about our CX-7 botherin is that they give damn good reviews! ;)

Very nice! Congrats on the new ride - look forward to hearing how you like it...

I wanted that color but couldn't get it.

You're looking good! ENJOY!

Congrats and great color and I love that cheesy strip they put in the leather seating!! Classy looking, sporty and a blast to drive! I have an RX8 but am needing more storage. Loved the CX7...kinda wanted a vehicle with better gas mileage so I have to convince the hubby...I figure just get him in to drive it and then I will be home free!!
Longhaul412 said:
The wife and I picked up our new CX-7 Monday. Enjoy your ride......please post more pics in and out...Thanks much!!!
Got the GT model, loaded save the navigation and rear camera options.

My initial reaction to this is holy cow!! Love this car, although not sure yet just how to name it. It is definantly not a SUV, but car or truck doesn't fit either.

Initial reactions are I was impressed by the quickness and responsiveness of the 4-cyl engine. It is obviously not a larger size, but outperforms any other 4-cyl I've driven.
Handling is where this vehicle shines. It handles the twisties like a champ, feeling more like a smaller sports car than a SUV. This thing hugs the ground. Have yet to feel any of the wandering or "tippiness" of other SUV's.
In a few words, it is amazingly fun to drive. Seat height and visibility are excellent. The sport inspired steering wheel give the appropiate feedback when cornering.
The "manual" mode shifting is fun, but something I think that will get used more as a novelty than anything else. Feels funny to shift without using a clutch pedal, and the vehicle still makes some decisions for you. (Automatically downshifts at stops), but it is nice to have the option to drive that way when conditions warrant it.

Could live without the accent strip in the seats, the dealer really pushed this "feature" but it looks kind of cheesy to me.
Controls are for the most part well laid out and easy to see. Will have to get used to looking so far up the dash to view the radio info.
The CD-changer is nice, albiet a bit slow in load/unload/change of Cd's, but the sound quality is quite good.

Ample room in the rear seats, and even with them up, there is a large storage volume. Lay the seats flat and you can load an enormous amount of cargo.

All in all, looking forward to getting some more miles under the wheels as to get a better feel for everything.

I was freakin' blown away with the styling-- sexy chiseled front fenders, taunt side profile, and stylish and understated rear. The interior details are a step above my MS6 too. So, I just traded (upgraded ) the wife's Mazda5 Touring for a CX-7 Touring in Ice Blue with Sand Leather, CD changer/Bose/Moonroof Package, fog lamps, Sirius Satellite, Auto mirror with Homelink/Compass, and PEP package. This is the color combo with all the options I wanted.

With the 6-speed auto, there is an initial lack of grunt, but the combo of the low-rpm turbo spool-up and the automatic torque converter, this thing gets down the road nicely!

azms6 said:
I was freakin' blown away with the styling-- sexy chiseled front fenders, taunt side profile, and stylish and understated rear. The interior details are a step above my MS6 too. So, I just traded (upgraded ) the wife's Mazda5 Touring for a CX-7 Touring in Ice Blue with Sand Leather, CD changer/Bose/Moonroof Package, fog lamps, Sirius Satellite, Auto mirror with Homelink/Compass, and PEP package. This is the color combo with all the options I wanted.

With the 6-speed auto, there is an initial lack of grunt, but the combo of the low-rpm turbo spool-up and the automatic torque converter, this thing gets down the road nicely!

You've got to post (pics) of that Ice Blue!

Antoine said:
You've got to post (pics) of that Ice Blue!

Will do... pics in the morning!

I was corrected by my wife that the actual color is called "Icy Blue".

Back