I think I convinved my gf to buy a CX-7

tekkie

Contributor
:
Spicy MSP
Carbon Turbo CX5
I was trying to get her to buy the MS6 but she does not want a std, sucks for me :( lol

anyway she saw the cx-7 and loved it so we went to the dealer today to look at one, unfortunetly they had like 10 but all of them were sold and we could not test drive it :(

anyway at the end of July she should have a grand touring AWD with all the options :)

I cant wait for snow :) lol

Cool deal. Mine should show up in Aug. I was really impressed how smooth the 6 spd auto trans was. Much better than my 8's.

Hey banana yellow RX8!

09factor said:
Cool deal. Mine should show up in Aug. I was really impressed how smooth the 6 spd auto trans was. Much better than my 8's.

I have a automatic silver RX8 and I fell in love with the CX 7 and am considering the Mazda 5 too, though I would rather have the CX7. I thought the CX7 was more impressive to drive than my RX 8....seems you thought that too!! I had a huge grin on my face and was so excited after driving the CX7. I just need a vehicle with storage now. Did you order your CX7 and what color and how long were they quoting on delivery times? I like the electric blue and red but hubby has that color car already. Hoping to get into something by Sept. Good luck to you and keep us posted when you get your car!

my gf read the review in C&D this month and is really interested in one now. funny; at the auto show a few months ago i couldn't even get her to look at it b/c it's an SUV...she was intent on a wagon.

too bad it doesn't come w/ a stick, b/c the auto might be a deal-breaker for her.

Get her to drive one, and then watch her grin. - A sure SOLD sign.

The 6 speed does almost all that a sraight shift would do.

The CX-7 6-speed doesn't seem to have the problem that I had with the 5 speed auto in the old Mazda6. It would irritate me on interstate driving by downshifting itself without much extra throttle, then I'd forget it had done that. I'd wind up driving along for God knows how long at 70 - 75 mph, still in 4th gear.

I haven't actually tried to see if this will be a problem, but I haven't noticed it happening.

Back